Keyword

Categories Assignment Not Working

• Daniel Sarno
  • Daniel Sarno's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #72896 by Daniel Sarno
Categories Assignment Not Working was created by Daniel Sarno
I created multiple category groups with different assignments so that each group can only see certain registered categories. It is not working. All logged in groups are seeing all registered categories regardless if it is assigned to them. I even created a group and asigned none to all catagories and they can still navigate to all catagories when loged in. any ideas if I am doing something wrong or is this a bug? I am on k2 version 2.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel Sarno
More
14 years 8 months ago #72897 by Daniel Sarno
Replied by Daniel Sarno on topic Categories Assignment Not Working
Is no one else trying to restrict users to a specific category? Is no one else having this problem?

More
14 years 7 months ago #72898 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Categories Assignment Not Working
Hi. If you want to restrict access to a category you should use the access level settings (Public, Registered and Special). K2 permissions are valid for front end editing not for access.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Daniel Sarno
More
14 years 7 months ago #72899 by Daniel Sarno
Are you saying that when a user group is assigned to only 2 out of 6 categories the users can still access the other 4 categories? What is the point of user groups and assigning categories then?

• Daniel Sarno
More
14 years 7 months ago #72900 by Daniel Sarno
Does anyone know what the user groups and category assignments are for?

More
14 years 7 months ago #72901 by Lefteris
Hi. As i posted before the permissions are only valid for front end editing NOT for viewing an item or a category. What do you want to achieve exactly?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Daniel Sarno
More
14 years 7 months ago #72902 by Daniel Sarno
Lefteris,
Thank you for your replies. I would like to use some sort of ACL by allowing user group1 to see category 1 articles (items) only, and user group2 to see category 2 and category 3 items only and so on for a number of user groups. I thought that was what the categories assignment was for. If it is only for editing and not for viewing and editing then I am sorry I got it confused.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. As i posted before the permissions are only valid for front end editing NOT for viewing an item or a category. What do you want to achieve exactly?

More
14 years 7 months ago #72903 by Lefteris
Hi. Yes it is only for editing. Fo viewing you can use Joomla!'s ACL by setting a category, an item or a menu item to public, registered or special as needed.

Daniel Sarno said:Lefteris, Thank you for your replies. I would like to use some sort of ACL by allowing user group1 to see category 1 articles (items) only, and user group2 to see category 2 and category 3 items only and so on for a number of user groups. I thought that was what the categories assignment was for. If it is only for editing and not for viewing and editing then I am sorry I got it confused.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. As i posted before the permissions are only valid for front end editing NOT for viewing an item or a category. What do you want to achieve exactly?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---