Keyword

Problems Uploading Video? - SOLVED -

• Matthew Elsom
  • Matthew Elsom's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73132 by Matthew Elsom
Problems Uploading Video? - SOLVED - was created by Matthew Elsom
ok, so I have the new release of k2 [2.1] and all videos latest [3.1] yet i dont seem to be able to fathom out the whole video malarkee - say for example, i find a vid on youtube [great] i copy the url and paste it in the remote url box. ie www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV81bAghxBU

what do i get - nothing but a bit of crumby code which appears to be wrong. see below...

{com/watch?v=DV81bAghxBUremote}www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV81bAghxBU{/com/watch?v=DV81bAghxBUremote}

likewise if i paste in the video id code along with the provider ie. {youtube}DV81bAghxBU{/youtube} i get a video but it has a {} and {/} at the start and finish....

can anyone shed a bit of light on the problem, is it something i can edit in the code to stop k2 adding the wrong extention? any help is appreciated...

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73133 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Problems Uploading Video? - SOLVED -
Hi. If you want to embed a video from youtube you have to use the "Video from provider" tab and not the "Use remote video" tab.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Matthew Elsom
More
14 years 7 months ago #73134 by Matthew Elsom
Replied by Matthew Elsom on topic Problems Uploading Video? - SOLVED -
thanks for the reply, but i dont think you have read my query correctly, probably my fault for a poor explanation... - i have tried adding a video from youtube via the video from provider tab - i type the vid id code in the box with the correct extention

so i type... {youtube}DV81bAghxBU{/youtube} ....in the box

the video works! SHOCK! HOWEVER.... a piece of code remains before and after the video... see the picture attached

is this something i can remedy or not.... any ideas??

More
14 years 7 months ago #73135 by Lefteris
That's because you don't have to type the brackets, just the video id. Select youtube from the provider list and in the field type only the video id.

Matthew Elsom said:thanks for the reply, but i dont think you have read my query correctly, probably my fault for a poor explanation... - i have tried adding a video from youtube via the video from provider tab - i type the vid id code in the box with the correct extention
so i type... {youtube}DV81bAghxBU{/youtube} ....in the box

the video works! SHOCK! HOWEVER.... a piece of code remains before and after the video... see the picture attached

is this something i can remedy or not.... any ideas??

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Elsom
More
14 years 7 months ago #73136 by Matthew Elsom
select youtube in the provider ID????????

sorry but i really can't understand - there is no option to "select" a provider

sorry to be a pain in the ass about it, i have a feeling i am making a school boy error but i just cant figure it out!
Cheers

More
14 years 7 months ago #73137 by Lefteris
Hi. This was a bug of the previous version of K2 and AllVideos. So please check again that you are using the latest versions of both. Check that the file plugins/content/jw_allvideos/includes/sources.php exists. That's the file K2 is searching to read the video providers.

Matthew Elsom said:select youtube in the provider ID????????

sorry but i really can't understand - there is no option to "select" a provider

sorry to be a pain in the ass about it, i have a feeling i am making a school boy error but i just cant figure it out!
Cheers

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Elsom
More
14 years 7 months ago #73138 by Matthew Elsom
yep, they are the most recent versions of both programs and the sources.php file is present. i have tried two separate installs of joomla with the allVideos app and it hasnt worked either time!

• Matthew Elsom
More
14 years 7 months ago #73139 by Matthew Elsom
FYI>>>>

My gallery plugin is now ALSO not being recognised/running properly - SO thats now an issue with excess tags on the video plugin, gallery not working properly and titles not being displayed on tag pages, cant seem to find the answers for the problems in the forum, i just keep getting sent around in circles and have tried all of the suggested methods to fix that i can find..... HELP!

More
14 years 7 months ago #73140 by Lefteris
Hi. The sources.php file has to be in the specific path i posted above. This is done with the installation of the latest version of AllVideos plugin. If it is there try to open the file admistrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php and look for the function getVideoProviders. Inside this you should find code looking for the sources.php:

if (JFile::exists(JPATH_PLUGINS.DS.'content'.DS.'jw_allvideos'.DS.'includes'.DS.'sources.php')) {
require JPATH_PLUGINS.DS.'content'.DS.'jw_allvideos'.DS.'includes'.DS.'sources.php';

If this code also exists then check the permissions of the sources.php file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Elsom
More
14 years 7 months ago #73141 by Matthew Elsom
Right, The sources.php file is all in the right place... but your right the error lies with the item.php file as you described - dont know how the hell it wasnt all already like that but either way its fixed now! wahooooo!

!!!!SOLVED!!!!