Keyword

K2 does not detect Simple Image Gallery (Free)

• Jørgen Johanson
  • Jørgen Johanson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73258 by Jørgen Johanson
K2 does not detect Simple Image Gallery (Free) was created by Jørgen Johanson
I have just started experimenting with K2 (looks great so far). At the moment I have one problem: K2 does not detect Simple Image Gallery (Free). The K2 version is 2.1. The Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Free) version is 1.2.1. The Simple Image Gallery plugin seems to be working OK when used outside K2. I have tried installing and uninstalling Simple Image Gallery a couple of times, but no luck, K2 still says "Not installed" (I have attached a copy of the K2 Information page).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73259 by Jens Ende
Replied by Jens Ende on topic K2 does not detect Simple Image Gallery (Free)
Hi

Used to have the same problem.
Use the uploaded file.( dont forget to uninstall the old plugin )
Attachments:

• Jørgen Johanson
More
14 years 7 months ago #73260 by Jørgen Johanson
Replied by Jørgen Johanson on topic K2 does not detect Simple Image Gallery (Free)
Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply!! I have tried the attach file. K2 still does not detect the Simple Image Gallery. As far as I can see the new (attached) plugin seems to be identical to the one that I allready have (except for a slight diffence in the name of the zip-file). So, still no luck...

More
14 years 7 months ago #73261 by Jens Ende
Sorry

maybe it was this one. (see attached)\
try it on its own first ( without the pro version ) if that doesnt work try the first one again on its own.
That i s how got it to work. first getting the non-pro version working first and then i installed the pro-version and had both active.

Good luck

Jørgen Johanson said:Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!! I have tried the attach file. K2 still does not detect the Simple Image Gallery. As far as I can see the new (attached) plugin seems to be identical to the one that I allready have (except for a slight diffence in the name of the zip-file). So, still no luck...
Attachments:

• Jørgen Johanson
More
14 years 7 months ago #73262 by Jørgen Johanson
Replied by Jørgen Johanson on topic K2 does not detect Simple Image Gallery (Free)
Thanks! That did the trick!!
Great!

Jens Ende said:Sorrymaybe it was this one. (see attached)\try it on its own first ( without the pro version ) if that doesnt work try the first one again on its own.That i s how got it to work. first getting the non-pro version working first and then i installed the pro-version and had both active.Good luckJørgen Johanson said:Hi!Thanks for the quick reply!! I have tried the attach file. K2 still does not detect the Simple Image Gallery. As far as I can see the new (attached) plugin seems to be identical to the one that I allready have (except for a slight diffence in the name of the zip-file). So, still no luck...

More
14 years 7 months ago #73263 by pabs11
hi

What do you mean by 'try it on its own first ' ? ....you mean you can install both SIGfree and SIGpro in the same joomla install and have both functional ?

You don't have to uninstall the free version first, before installing the pro ?

thanks, P

More
14 years 7 months ago #73264 by Jens Ende
No. I have both running at the same time!! Since I had major issues to get this to work ( it seems like many people do)
I have both installed at the same time and it works perfectly so I dont want to change this!!!

Jens

pabs said:hi
What do you mean by 'try it on its own first ' ? ....you mean you can install both SIGfree and SIGpro in the same joomla install and have both functional ?

You don't have to uninstall the free version first, before installing the pro ?

thanks, P

More
14 years 7 months ago #73265 by pabs11
ok, interesting.

I did try your suggestions above, but can't get a version of SIG free to work at all, and you say to get the free one working first ( but how ? just by installing / uninstalling/ reinstalling till it takes ? )

So, by your advice, I need to get the first one working before installing SIG pro and having both installed simultaneously, and that's not happening.

I can install SIG pro and get images loaded, and image gallery title display, but no thumbnails display at all. Using SIGpro, or free, elsewhere in the site. seems to be ok, as it's supposed to, even in a K2 article. Just not with K2 image gallery option in the backend.

Would be nice if it worked , and also if some time frame or updates on where the fixes are at, by the devs...

P

• Jørgen Johanson
More
14 years 7 months ago #73266 by Jørgen Johanson