Keyword

Members Only View - Pay to view video site - HELP!!

• Derek Brown
  • Derek Brown's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73274 by Derek Brown
I am trying to build a client site that is very similar to HULU in layout. I am trying to work with K2 (and having a TOUGH time due to lack of ANY documentation) which looks to be an really powerful component, and about the only way to structure a site such as this.
Unfortunately, I am have 1 minor, and 1 major problem.
I hope someone can help me.

1) I read the post about K2 templating. I took a copy of my compnents/com_k2/templates/default directory. I renamed default to movies. I uploaded this to templates/(MyTemplate)/html/com_k2/templates/
I changed the categories/subcategories within K2 from default to movies.
Problem is none of the changes I make to the templates in this folder have ANY effect on my website!? - Frustrating!

2) I need to configure the site so that items within the Members top category are not accessible unless the user has registered and paid a monthly fee. I grabbed the component Mighty Memberships from (www.mightyextensions.com/joomla-components/member-subscription) before I started using K2.
Obvious problem is that in the choosing of areas to be accessible through membership, the K2 categories are not a part of the choice. Only Joomla Core Section/Categories are accessible.
Warning: I am NOT a deep PHP programmer.
Would there happen to be a "members only" solution available for K2?
Any suggestions?

Thanks to Any and All!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.