Keyword

Limiting Text editor and content functions for member

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #73322 by bunglehaze
Hi folks, I am using K2 in one section of the site as a directory and have figured out that the extra fields works rather well as this for me to set up business name, address, telephone etc. I want to automate this to allow my visitors to list their company after registration but keep finding the same problem.

First of all the Content Title, I would like to either use the custom field : business name as the title and take the alias from this, failing that I would like to hide the alias field altogether from the submission form.

Next on the list is how the extra fields are listed on a different tab, I am working on the assumption that every member needs the basics so this overcomplicates things. Is there a way to limit the text editor to only show the content title and extra fields so they only have the areas they need to fill in + publish box and save?

If so how would I go about doing this please.

Also this cannot be a method that will limit the wysiwyg editor as later on i will want to allow registered users access to differnt areas of the site where the main html field will be used.

cheers

leigh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.