Keyword

category saved but not in the listing

• Aurore
  • Aurore's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73362 by Aurore
Hi, first : sorry for my english.
I'm a new-one in Joomla! and I've just installed K2.
I begin with issue yesterday, when I tried to create a category : fatal error mbstring encoding... our serveur didn't have mbstring library and some error of dependancy on linux server on yum install appears... But with php 5.3.0, it's ok now. I have the last joomla! version 1.5.14 and mySQL 5.1.32.

My problem is when I add a category, in a very simple way, K2 report s"Categroy is saved" but it doesn't appeared in the list under the confirmation message.
I check the dataBase, the new category is in the table k2_categories !
Do you have an idea to help me guys ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73363 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic category saved but not in the listing
Hi. Check the filtering you are using on the categories list ( published, trashed, etc. )

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Aurore
More
14 years 7 months ago #73364 by Aurore
Replied by Aurore on topic category saved but not in the listing
of course I've checked ! alas... I would like it would be so simple !
Is it possible that the cause could be the right/access of the directories ?
another info, I have uninstalled and re-install K2 to test...

More
14 years 7 months ago #73365 by Pakito
Replied by Pakito on topic category saved but not in the listing
Hi,
Same problem here

Checking the database table jos_k2_categories I see my categories.

Exporting it as a INSERT:

INSERT INTO `jos_k2_categories` (`id`, `name`, `alias`, `description`, `parent`, `extraFieldsGroup`, `published`, `access`, `ordering`, `image`, `params`, `trash`, `plugins`) VALUES
(1, 'test', 'test', '', 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, '', 'inheritFrom=0\ntheme=\nnum_leading_items=2\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=4\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=4\nnum_links_columns=1\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatCatalogMode=0\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=\nitemImageS=\nitemImageM=\nitemImageL=\nitemImageXL=\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemTitleLinked=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=0\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=0\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=0\ncatItemHits=0\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=0\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=0\ncatItemVideo=0\ncatItemImageGallery=0\ncatItemDateModified=0\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n', 0, ''),
(2, 'kkkk', 'kkkk', '', 0, 0, 1, 0, 2, '', 'inheritFrom=0\ntheme=\nnum_leading_items=2\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=4\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=4\nnum_links_columns=1\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatCatalogMode=0\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=\nitemImageS=\nitemImageM=\nitemImageL=\nitemImageXL=\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemTitleLinked=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=0\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=0\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=0\ncatItemHits=0\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=0\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=0\ncatItemVideo=0\ncatItemImageGallery=0\ncatItemDateModified=0\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n', 0, ''),
(3, 'new category', 'new-category', '', 0, 0, 1, 0, 3, '', 'inheritFrom=0\ntheme=\nnum_leading_items=2\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=4\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=4\nnum_links_columns=1\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatCatalogMode=0\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=\nitemImageS=\nitemImageM=\nitemImageL=\nitemImageXL=\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemTitleLinked=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=0\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=0\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=0\ncatItemHits=0\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=0\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=0\ncatItemVideo=0\ncatItemImageGallery=0\ncatItemDateModified=0\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n', 0, ''),
(4, 'test', 'test', '', 0, 0, 1, 0, 4, '', 'inheritFrom=0\ntheme=\nnum_leading_items=2\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=4\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=4\nnum_links_columns=1\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatCatalogMode=0\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=\nitemImageS=\nitemImageM=\nitemImageL=\nitemImageXL=\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemTitleLinked=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=0\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=0\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=0\ncatItemHits=0\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=0\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=0\ncatItemVideo=0\ncatItemImageGallery=0\ncatItemDateModified=0\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n', 0, ''),
(5, 'Mi quinta categoria', 'mi-quinta-categoria', '', 0, 0, 1, 0, 5, '', 'inheritFrom=0\ntheme=\nnum_leading_items=2\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=4\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=4\nnum_links_columns=1\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatCatalogMode=0\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=\nitemImageS=\nitemImageM=\nitemImageL=\nitemImageXL=\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemTitleLinked=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=0\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=0\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=0\ncatItemHits=0\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=0\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=0\ncatItemVideo=0\ncatItemImageGallery=0\ncatItemDateModified=0\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n', 0, ''),
(6, 'Mi septimacategoria', 'mi-septimacategoria', '', 0, 0, 1, 1, 6, '', 'inheritFrom=0\ntheme=\nnum_leading_items=2\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=4\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=4\nnum_links_columns=1\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatCatalogMode=0\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=\nitemImageS=\nitemImageM=\nitemImageL=\nitemImageXL=\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemTitleLinked=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=0\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=0\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=0\ncatItemHits=0\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=0\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=0\ncatItemVideo=0\ncatItemImageGallery=0\ncatItemDateModified=0\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n', 0, '');

I'm a newbie with Joomla & K2 so pardon me if this is not the report you asked.
. I did the following to turn on error reporting:
Site > Global configuration > System > Debug Settings (Yes)
Site > Global configuration > Server > Error Reporting (Maximum)

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\components\com_joomfish\classes\JoomfishManager.class.php on line 221

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\components\com_joomfish\classes\JoomfishManager.class.php on line 230

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\components\com_joomfish\classes\JoomfishManager.class.php on line 254

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\components\com_joomfish\classes\JoomfishManager.class.php on line 263

Warning: Parameter 4 to JHTMLMenu::treerecurse() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\libraries\joomla\html\html.php on line 87

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\components\com_k2\views\categories\tmpl\default.php on line 67

Profile Information
Application afterLoad: 0.006 seconds, 0.60 MB
Application afterInitialise: 0.117 seconds, 3.27 MB
Application afterRoute: 0.123 seconds, 3.48 MB
Application afterDispatch: 0.182 seconds, 4.97 MB
Application afterRender: 0.260 seconds, 7.04 MB
Memory Usage
15 queries logged.

DELETE
FROM jos_session
WHERE ( time < '1253702592' )
SELECT *
FROM jos_session
WHERE session_id = 'nga26k0g9c146usnpc0t5ke2r4'
UPDATE `jos_session`
SET `time`='1253703492',`userid`='62',`usertype`='Super Administrator',`username`='admin',`gid`='25',`guest`='0',`client_id`='1'
WHERE session_id='nga26k0g9c146usnpc0t5ke2r4'
SELECT *
FROM jos_components
WHERE parent = 0
SELECT folder AS type, element AS name, params
FROM jos_plugins
WHERE published >= 1
AND access <= 2
ORDER BY ordering
SELECT template
FROM jos_templates_menu
WHERE client_id = 1
AND menuid = 0
SELECT c.*, g.name AS groupname, exfg.name AS extra_fields_group
FROM jos_k2_categories AS c
LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g
ON g.id = c.access
LEFT JOIN jos_k2_extra_fields_groups AS exfg
ON exfg.id = c.extraFieldsGroup
WHERE c.id>0
AND c.trash=0
ORDER BY c.parent, c.ordering
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM jos_k2_categories
WHERE id>0
AND trash=0
AND published=1
SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params
FROM jos_modules AS m
LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm
ON mm.moduleid = m.id
WHERE m.published = 1
AND m.access <= 2
AND m.client_id = 1
ORDER BY position, ordering
SELECT a.*, SUM(b.home) AS home
FROM jos_menu_types AS a
LEFT JOIN jos_menu AS b
ON b.menutype = a.menutype
GROUP BY a.id
SELECT *
FROM jos_components
WHERE `option` <> "com_frontpage"
AND `option` <> "com_media"
AND enabled = 1
ORDER BY ordering, name
SELECT joomlatablename,tablepkID
FROM `jos_jf_tableinfo`
SELECT *
FROM jos_languages
ORDER BY ordering
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM jos_messages
WHERE state = 0
AND user_id_to = 62
SELECT COUNT( session_id )
FROM jos_session
WHERE guest <> 1

Language Files Loaded

* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_system_debug.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_k2.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.tpl_khepri.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_submenu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_title.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_toolbar.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_contact.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_joomfish.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_k2.menu.ini
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_poll.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_search.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_banners.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_newsfeeds.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_weblinks.menu.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_translate.ini 1
* C:\wamp\www\joomla15k2\administrator\language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_status.ini 1

Untranslated Strings Diagnostic

None

Untranslated Strings Designer

None

• Aurore
More
14 years 7 months ago #73366 by Aurore
thanks Pakito, I feel less alone... And you gave me a pist...

the problem is not the SQL request because I tested it in the file \administrator\components\com_k2\models\categories.php line 73 --> $categories = $this->indentRows($rows);
-> count($rows) returns 4 categories
->count($categories) returns 0

Our problem is showned by the Warning : "Warning: Parameter 4 to JHTMLMenu::treerecurse() expected to be a reference, value given in /partage/Dev/www/joomla/libraries/joomla/html/html.php on line 87 "

the function indentRows calls "$categories = JHTML::_('menu.treerecurse', 0, '', array (), $children);"

Is that due to my version of PHP 5.3.0 ??

I can investigate more but it may be too difficult to me... more precision I don't have other extension.

• Aurore
More
14 years 7 months ago #73367 by Aurore
I continued the investigation .. feel alone a bit...
in the file librairies/joomla/html/html/menu.php :
function treerecurse( $id, $indent, $list, &$children, $maxlevel=9999, $level=0, $type=1 )
if I change the fourth parameter &$children by $children without using references & -> all my categories appears in the list...

So it is due to the utilisation of 5.3... Hope this message will help others ! it seems that K2-Joomla! is not ready to the migration...
subjet CLOSED

More
14 years 7 months ago #73368 by Pakito
Thanks Aurore.
I''m too using PHP 5.3.0

Aurore said:I continued the investigation .. feel alone a bit... in the file librairies/joomla/html/html/menu.php :
function treerecurse( $id, $indent, $list, &$children, $maxlevel=9999, $level=0, $type=1 )
if I change the fourth parameter &$children by $children without using references & -> all my categories appears in the list...

So it is due to the utilisation of 5.3... Hope this message will help others ! it seems that K2-Joomla! is not ready to the migration...
subjet CLOSED

More
14 years 7 months ago #73369 by Lefteris
Hi. Anyone having this problem please try to edit the file administrator/components/com_k2/models/categories.php and inside the function indentRows change line 126 from:

$categories = JHTML::_('menu.treerecurse', 0, '', array (), $children);

to:

$categories = JHTML::_('menu.treerecurse', 0, '', array (), &$children);

This should work. Special thanks to Aurore for tracking this bug.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 7 months ago #73370 by Pakito
Hi.
Thank you for your help.
I'm afraid that there are more problems alike: The check boxes on the second column of the lists are missing so I can't select them.
Is this related to PHP 5.3.0?

More
14 years 7 months ago #73371 by Lefteris
Hi. I m afraid that all these type of bugs are related with php 5.3.0. We need to make some more research on this. If it is a problem of K2 we are going to fix it but if it has to do with the Joomla! API ( which K2 is using ) then we need to find another type of solution.

Pakito said:Hi. Thank you for your help.
I'm afraid that there are more problems alike: The check boxes on the second column of the lists are missing so I can't select them.
Is this related to PHP 5.3.0?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---