Keyword

Changing Item Layouts/Colors/Logo/CSS

• On A Junket
  • On A Junket's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73447 by On A Junket
Changing Item Layouts/Colors/Logo/CSS was created by On A Junket
K2 is shaping up to be a great component...would love to see what lies in the future for it.

My problem though is when I try changing the layout of K2 Item pages beyond the category layout.

If you go to my site you'll better understand what I mean. www.onajunket.com

Go to Cities on the main menu and drop down to Miami link. Once clicking on the Miami link you are transported to a distinct layout which begins the K2 experience. But then clicking on to one of the categories you lose the distinct look and remain with the same css as the main template.

I am using the Menu Dependent Items Module to achieve the different layout look. The module works fine in the main template; it keeps to the new version of css when assigned to a Section in the normal Joomla template and continues to keep it when going deeper into its various Categories. But in the K2 side it stops short at the Category layout and does not continue to the Items.

Is there anything that can be done to continue with the theme beyond Category layout page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73448 by that library
Replied by that library on topic Changing Item Layouts/Colors/Logo/CSS
I'm having a problem finding how to change the K2 template to look different also. I have uploaded (copied and renamed) the template files to MYTEMPLATENAME/html/com_k2/templates/NEW_NAME but they are just php files and don't seem to be what I need to customize. Maybe I'm missing something here,but it would seem like it would be the css files one has to change, and they would go along w/ the new customized 'template' files...

I love code, and this component is great and all, but man! is this confusing! :|

More
14 years 6 months ago #73449 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Changing Item Layouts/Colors/Logo/CSS
I agree, templating so far is turning out to be a real pain. My main issue is that my new templates are not even being found by k2.

leigh

• On A Junket
  • On A Junket's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #73450 by On A Junket
Replied by On A Junket on topic Changing Item Layouts/Colors/Logo/CSS
Sadly...I had to abandon the K2 for now...hope to hear of new changes...bc I really enjoyed the K2 experience.......I'll be skiing down now...c ya

More
14 years 3 months ago #73451 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic Changing Item Layouts/Colors/Logo/CSS
Use the Plugin made by Olivier
Here is the Discussion

German Tutorial

and here Tutorial from Simon