Keyword

Incompatability between K2 and Jreviews

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #73468 by bunglehaze
Incompatability between K2 and Jreviews was created by bunglehaze
I have been chatting with Alejandro about an issue that keeps cropping up on my site whereby any K2 pages load up ALL of the Jreviews javascripts which in turn increase the page size by over 200k - clearly no good.

I have tested this with with the K2 articles section on my site and everything loads up fine - until I introduce the content module. I cannot really say where or why this is happening but I have tested every configuration I can think of and just cannot get the K2 content module published on the test site without it dragging all the unnecessary files through too.

Any help appreciated, I have my test site based at: live.bikechatter.co.uk

I am utilising this test site to modify the current template but I doubt I will be doing much else on it now until I can get this K2 issue fixed.

** Edited, attached the size output for a page without the content module loaded and one with

cheers

leigh :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73469 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Incompatability between K2 and Jreviews
Hi. K2 only loads one CSS and one javascript file. This is done through the system plugin of K2. K2 modules are not loading any CSS or javascript files. Check the files that are causing the problem and find which they are and where they are coming from.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #73470 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Incompatability between K2 and Jreviews
Lefteris, I cannot check the files as the only module or component that is making this happen as stated above is the content module. Site = fine with it unpublished but as soon as it is enabled on the site filesize is huge. I cannot really offer a much more indepth explaination that that as it is just how i see it.

Perhaps in loading the K2 plugins the module is pulling the jreviews scripts thorugh too? I do not know but queried it with Alejandro who advised me to post the issue here.

Also I put the wrong test URL in it should be: light.bikechatter.co.uk

leigh

More
14 years 7 months ago #73471 by Lefteris
Hi again. Can you please try to see what are the extra files that are loaded when you are using the K2 content module? You can see this using a tool like firebug or the online tool you took the screen shots from.

bunglehaze said:Lefteris, I cannot check the files as the only module or component that is making this happen as stated above is the content module. Site = fine with it unpublished but as soon as it is enabled on the site filesize is huge. I cannot really offer a much more indepth explaination that that as it is just how i see it.
Perhaps in loading the K2 plugins the module is pulling the jreviews scripts thorugh too? I do not know but queried it with Alejandro who advised me to post the issue here.

Also I put the wrong test URL in it should be: light.bikechatter.co.uk

leigh

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #73472 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Incompatability between K2 and Jreviews
Lefteris, I dont understand how or what I am looking for here? The online tool i used was just the website optimazation site : www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ and I have firebug installed but dont have a clue where or what i am looking for here.

I am trying a number of different templates, rockettheme afterburner, yootheme phoenix, joomla standard template and the same issue comes up - I enable the content module and all the files load, I disable and it goes back to normal. Also this only seems to happen with the modules published in side columns ???

I also have kunena installed and the forum pages seem to have the same effect but with kunena scripts and then ALL the css files.

leigh

More
14 years 7 months ago #73473 by Lefteris
Hi. I advised you to use a tools to see what are the extra files that are loaded when you enable the module. Anyway i still don't see any extra files loaded by K2 so i m afraid i cannot help you. Your site seems to behave normal to me.

bunglehaze said:Lefteris, I dont understand how or what I am looking for here? The online tool i used was just the website optimazation site : www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ and I have firebug installed but dont have a clue where or what i am looking for here.
I am trying a number of different templates, rockettheme afterburner, yootheme phoenix, joomla standard template and the same issue comes up - I enable the content module and all the files load, I disable and it goes back to normal. Also this only seems to happen with the modules published in side columns ???

I also have kunena installed and the forum pages seem to have the same effect but with kunena scripts and then ALL the css files.

leigh

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---