Keyword

Solved: Two strange problems with K2 and SIG Pro

• Francisco Ferreira
  • Francisco Ferreira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73553 by Francisco Ferreira
Solved: Two strange problems with K2 and SIG Pro was created by Francisco Ferreira
Hi,

I've installed K2 and everything went fine, as expected until I've installed SIG Pro v2.0.4.

Two strange thinks happen:

1- On item view (K2) the gallery appears with no images on it (just white squares). Oddly enough when I press on a photo It opens the Photo slide show and it shows all the fotos as it should... I now this problem as been raised before here on the forum, but in regards to the SIG Free. But I've found no answer nonetheless.

2- This one puzzles me even more! Every time I enable the SIG plugin my Backend K2 Item tags (Image; Image Gallery, Extra Fields, etc...) get unaccesible. I.e. I try topress one of this tags to edit the image gallery, add a video or an attachment or fill in the item's extra fields but nothing happens. I mean, nothing at all...Not even an error. Well, actually on IE I get an "ERROR ON PAGE" SIGN ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.
This error only appears on Items with Images Gallery and If I "unable" the SIG Pro plugin, everything goes back to normal.... Those Items without images work fine...

Can someone please help me. I'm kind of in a dead line here :-)...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Francisco Ferreira
More
14 years 7 months ago #73554 by Francisco Ferreira
Replied by Francisco Ferreira on topic Solved: Two strange problems with K2 and SIG Pro
Hi Again...

I just manage to solve the Problem number two by canging the SIG engine to motools. It seems that there were some kind of conflict with other apps I have on my website (image rotators, etc...).

Nonetheless, I'm still struggling to solve the first problem:
- On item view (K2) the gallery appears with no images on it (just white squares). Oddly enough when I press on a photo It opens the Photo slide show and it shows all the photos as it should...

Please take a look at the attached printed screens...

Any help would be most welcome as I'm on a deadline here ;-)
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago #73555 by Lefteris
Hi. Not sure enough what's causing this but please try to open a thumb on your browser and see what's happening.

Francisco Décio said:Hi Again...
I just manage to solve the Problem number two by canging the SIG engine to motools. It seems that there were some kind of conflict with other apps I have on my website (image rotators, etc...).

Nonetheless, I'm still struggling to solve the first problem:
- On item view (K2) the gallery appears with no images on it (just white squares). Oddly enough when I press on a photo It opens the Photo slide show and it shows all the photos as it should...

Please take a look at the attached printed screens...

Any help would be most welcome as I'm on a deadline here ;-)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Francisco Ferreira
More
14 years 6 months ago #73556 by Francisco Ferreira
Replied by Francisco Ferreira on topic Solved: Two strange problems with K2 and SIG Pro
Hi,

On the photo Frontend2 you can see a thumb opening. That's the most weard thing...The thumbs do open...

Maybe its the motools on the menu...(yoo theme's smoove) I do not know...

I've tried upgrading Joomla to the latest version...I tried all the SIG engines. I've tried friendly names to the photos. My root folder is media/k2/galleries...!!!

Thanks you for your help Lefteris...

Link to my web (don't know if t is permited :-) ) www.aleximobiliaria.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5:apartamento-portela&Itemid=27

More
14 years 6 months ago #73557 by Lefteris
Hi. Please check the cache folder permissions and let me know.

Francisco Décio said:Hi,
On the photo Frontend2 you can see a thumb opening. That's the most weard thing...The thumbs do open...

I've tried upgrading Joomla to the latest version...I tried all the SIG engines. I've tried friendly names to the photos. My root folder is media/k2/galleries...!!!

Link to my web (don't know if t is permited :-) ) www.aleximobiliaria.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=ite...

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Francisco Ferreira
More
14 years 6 months ago #73558 by Francisco Ferreira
Hi,

I've wrote also on SIG Pro Forum and they manage to find out what was going on.

It turns out that for some reason my images had jpeg as extension instead of jpg. I've changed the file extensions directly using my ftp and everything was solved!

Even so, many thanks for the interest and time you dedicated to my issue. I hope it can be useful also to otherK2 SIG users...

Best...

Francis

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please check the cache folder permissions and let me know.
Francisco Décio said:Hi, On the photo Frontend2 you can see a thumb opening. That's the most weard thing...The thumbs do open...

Link to my web (don't know if t is permited :-) ) www.aleximobiliaria.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=ite...