Keyword

How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?

• Yamen Shahin
  • Yamen Shahin's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #73605 by Yamen Shahin
Can i add Extra Fields embedded in Submit an Article page for user?
And how?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73606 by Rhand
@ Yamen Did you figure this out yet? I am trying to figure this - and other things - out as well.

• Yamen Shahin
More
14 years 6 months ago #73607 by Yamen Shahin
Replied by Yamen Shahin on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?
Yes, the solution is USE DRUPAL!!
Sorry but that is the truth. The reason why people use Joomla is Joomla is very easy to all user.
But joomla mising thing evrey CMS must have, Costume content management or extra field you can put in any place in your site.
But if you have some knowledge about php and html, you can use drupal. drupal can do any thing with some php background.
Rhand said:@ Yamen Did you figure this out yet? I am trying to figure this - and other things - out as well.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73608 by Gerry Peters
Replied by Gerry Peters on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?
Okay. Does anyone out there have a better answer? Other than Drupal.

Yamen Shahin said:Yes, the solution is USE DRUPAL!! Sorry but that is the truth. The reason why people use Joomla is Joomla is very easy to all user.
But joomla mising thing evrey CMS must have, Costume content management or extra field you can put in any place in your site.
But if you have some knowledge about php and html, you can use drupal. drupal can do any thing with some php background.
Rhand said:@ Yamen Did you figure this out yet? I am trying to figure this - and other things - out as well.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73609 by Augusto Pissarra
Replied by Augusto Pissarra on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?
Look into some Joomla's CCKs:
jSeblod CCK --> extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/content-construction/9128
Resources --> extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/content-construction/6300
Pages-and-Items --> extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/content-construction/5583

Never used them, so keep everyone posted with your findings.

Or User Fabrik --> extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms/1659

I have used it and it is a very good and flexible component.

Hope you find this helpful.

Augusto Pissarra
www.vintagemarketing.co.uk

Gerry Peters said:Okay. Does anyone out there have a better answer? Other than Drupal.
Yamen Shahin said:Yes, the solution is USE DRUPAL!! Sorry but that is the truth. The reason why people use Joomla is Joomla is very easy to all user. But joomla mising thing evrey CMS must have, Costume content management or extra field you can put in any place in your site.

• Yamen Shahin
More
14 years 6 months ago #73610 by Yamen Shahin
Replied by Yamen Shahin on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?
What Mr "Augusto Pissarra" said: don't use K2, use jSeblod CCK. because "jSeblod" and K2 can't work together.
K2 have its own articles.. jSeblod use standard Joomla articles type.
Ok, did any one know with drupal you can add custom field to your rss feeds? Yes, you can control every single detail in your site even your rss feeds.
Briefly:
Use Joomla if you want to run site depend mainly on administrator. and you want very easy way to manage your site.
Use Drupal if you want to make site let users "members" contribute easily on it. and you want to customize it a lot.. and you want custom field.
The only thing you need with Drupal is time -a lot of time - learn it more than joomla.
However, with Drupal when you ask the one how make a module he or she will never ignore your question.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73611 by Augusto Pissarra
Replied by Augusto Pissarra on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?
I did NOT say do NOT use K2. K2 is NOT considered a full CCK, therefore, I just said that if anyone that is USING currently Joomla, wants a more advanced control like CCK, there are options.

Another point, I am NOT comparing Joomla with Drupal. If you want to do that, this is the wrong Forum.

Last, but not least, I do agree that K2 does not have the best support and I hope they find a way to give a better support (at a cost like anyone else does).

For now, I figure that K2 is left to their bolder experienced users that will give support as they find their way through the code and have the desire to share with everyone else.

Yamen Shahin said:What Mr "Augusto Pissarra" said: don't use K2, use jSeblod CCK. because "jSeblod" and K2 can't work together. K2 have its own articles.. jSeblod use standard Joomla articles type.
Ok, did any one know with drupal you can add custom field to your rss feeds? Yes, you can control every single detail in your site even your rss feeds.
Briefly:
Use Joomla if you want to run site depend mainly on administrator. and you want very easy way to manage your site.
Use Drupal if you want to make site let users "members" contribute easily on it. and you want to customize it a lot.. and you want custom field.
The only thing you need with Drupal is time -a lot of time - learn it more than joomla.
However, with Drupal when you ask the one how make a module he or she will never ignore your question.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73612 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic How: Adding Extra Fields when User Submit Articles?
what i read here is very odd set of comments

have anyone considered the extra fields available in k2, which provides what was asked for initially?

if k2 is not enough as cck, probably due to the limited set of field types available, then there are other components of which i don't need to count here that excellently do whatever you can imagine

• Yamen Shahin
More
14 years 6 months ago #73613 by Yamen Shahin
Sorry,I Did Not Mean To Say That you said.

Augusto Pissarra said:I did NOT say do NOT use K2.

• Yamen Shahin
More
14 years 6 months ago #73614 by Yamen Shahin
Did not mean to compare Joomla and Drupal. I want to pass on advice.
I wanted to say that the Joomla must contain the CCK.
Future versions of the Joomla would not have it.
If one felt that there was something missing from Joomla .. CCK will be.

Gobezu Sewu said:have anyone considered the extra fields available in k2, which provides what was asked for initially?
No such a thing. if their is something like that tell me how?
The question was "Can i add Extra Fields embedded in Submit an Article page for user? And how? "
The answer is no way with K2. but jSeblod can do that as MR Augusto Pissarra said.
PS: jSeblod and K2 do not complement each other or working with each other.
In fact, K2 does not work with anything.
It's Joomal stand-alone module.