Keyword

Limit user 'add item' permission to a specific category

• Internal Wealth Studios
  • Internal Wealth Studios's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #73681 by Internal Wealth Studios
Limit user 'add item' permission to a specific category was created by Internal Wealth Studios
Howdy. Sweet Component!!!!

Just one question:

I have a number of categories set up specific to individual users. I've given those users the ability to login from the front-end and add / edit items.

My issue is that each user can add an item to any category. It seems as though the 'add item' functionality within the 'User Groups' area blankets all of K2 - even though I've assigned the user to a specific category.

Can I limit my users ability to add items to a specific category only??

Ole!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Internal Wealth Studios
  • Internal Wealth Studios's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #73682 by Internal Wealth Studios
Replied by Internal Wealth Studios on topic Limit user 'add item' permission to a specific category
K. I stand corrected.

If you assign a user group via Category Assignment - a link to "add item to this category" still appears in all categories on the front end, but if that member of the user group clicks it and goes to add an item, they are limited in the category dropdown to has been assigned to them.

A little confusing for users as they will think that they can add to any category - ie - the link telling them so appears no matter what category they are surfing through.

Not a biggie at all and not worth throwing my hands up in the air and cursing the developers. In fact, GREAT JOB all. I totally appreciate all your hard work getting the component up and out there so that us web designers can provide our clients even better services.

Ole!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.