Keyword

Sorry for my stupidity, how to I make a html link in K2?

• yaksushi
  • yaksushi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74054 by yaksushi
New to K2 and I'm trying to make a few articles. I would like to put a html link at the end of my article to link to another url. I tried the link button in the article tool bar but it didn't seem to work. I would fill it out and push upload or insert don't remember what it said and nothing. Also tried just going to the code and adding Click Here For URL and that didn't work.... It's late am I being a total "window licker?" Thanks for the help in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74055 by DrDigital
You do it the same way in K2 as a regular article afaik... Thats how I been doing it. I got 1 item with like 30 links...

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74056 by yaksushi
so the link button in the tool bar is for what?

Matthew Murphy said:You do it the same way in K2 as a regular article afaik... Thats how I been doing it. I got 1 item with like 30 links...

More
14 years 6 months ago #74057 by DrDigital
This is using JCE notice the icon thats selected, TinyMCE has similar, you can also click the red < 3 icons over from my picture and use the html editor and do the old a href trick

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74058 by yaksushi
Ok I still can't get a link to post right on my articles. I can get the whole url to post in there but can't tag it with a name. It just shows up with the full address. I've also tried using the attacked box with no luck. This is something so trivial but it's driving me nutts!!! Please someone else explain what I'm doing wrong, and could you "break it down barney style". I have no idea what Matthew Murphy is talking about.

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74059 by yaksushi
I got it, just a little slowwwwwwwww.... Thanks Matthew for your help. I didn't see your attachment until just now. I wasn't selecting the "click here" text before trying to use the add link button. Anyway problem solved. Thanks again