Keyword

How to link K2 My page to top meny item

More
14 years 6 months ago #74072 by xbow
hi..i have a button called "Profile" on my top menu. Now, when I click on this "Profile", I want it to load the content as I was clicking on "My Page" button on my K2 login module. I just want to link those two together.

Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74073 by Chris Whitfield
Replied by Chris Whitfield on topic How to link K2 My page to top meny item
I had a similar problem. I wanted to display the Add Item menu choice in my custom user menu. The easiest way is to load up the K2 Login module and login with an account. Right-click the link you want and select 'copy shortcut'. You can then create a menu item using the 'wrapper' menu type and paste in the link.

My problem was not so easily fixed as doing this with the Add Item caused some formatting and function issues. Launching in a new window was also out because the buttons don't work right on the form and the article never gets checked in properly. I really wanted the modal window that was there when using the K2 Login module. I tried to get it to show up in a modal window using an extension called 'Modalizer' as well as a few others, but the resulting window didn't work as expected.

I managed to get around it by creating a dummy menu item in my custom menu and then using Rereplacer (www.nonumber.nl/rereplacer) from the same guy who makes Modalizer to do a search and replace on my dummy menu item with the code used to generate the menu item. That kept me from having to go find the right file and customize it and I can turn it off any time without having to change any files on the site.

More
14 years 5 months ago #74074 by Marc Sloop
Replied by Marc Sloop on topic How to link K2 My page to top meny item
Thanks Chris for this tip; I needed to exactly do the same, have an ADD ITEM menu choice. Not as elegant as having it to choose from in the regular menu creation, but it gets the job done.

Chris Whitfield said:I had a similar problem. I wanted to display the Add Item menu choice in my custom user menu. The easiest way is to load up the K2 Login module and login with an account. Right-click the link you want and select 'copy shortcut'. You can then create a menu item using the 'wrapper' menu type and paste in the link.
My problem was not so easily fixed as doing this with the Add Item caused some formatting and function issues. Launching in a new window was also out because the buttons don't work right on the form and the article never gets checked in properly. I really wanted the modal window that was there when using the K2 Login module. I tried to get it to show up in a modal window using an extension called 'Modalizer' as well as a few others, but the resulting window didn't work as expected.

I managed to get around it by creating a dummy menu item in my custom menu and then using Rereplacer (www.nonumber.nl/rereplacer) from the same guy who makes Modalizer to do a search and replace on my dummy menu item with the code used to generate the menu item. That kept me from having to go find the right file and customize it and I can turn it off any time without having to change any files on the site.