Keyword

[Solved] K2 and GoogleMaps plugin issues with transparency and showing kml's

• Carolien
  • Carolien's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74114 by Carolien
Hi,

I would like to build a directory of hiking and cycling routes in K2. The option to comment and to have extra fields are really handy to do this.

To display the route I use a kml-file with the route and some markers like parking places etc.
When I show this into a K2 article with the GoogleMaps plugin of Mike Reumer (extensions.joomla.org/extensions/1147/details) then you'll see no map, or a map with markers with a squared background (so without transparency).

Images speak louder than words, so I attached a screenshot with a K2 item and using the GoogleMaps plugin with K2 (screenshotWithK2.jpg), and I attached a screenshot of a Joomla! article with the same contents (so with map and kml) (screenshowJoomlaArticle.jpg).

I hope someone knows a 'solution' to this problem, otherwise I'm stuck with the Joomla! com_content and lots of other plugins to get the same results.

Thanks in advance, Carolien

P.S. system info:
K2 v2.1
Plugin Googlemaps: 2.12l
Web Server Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.8
PHP version 5.2.8
MySQL version 5.1.30-community
GD image library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Multibyte string support Enabled
Upload limit 16M
Memory limit 128M
Open remote files (allow url fopen) Yes
(I also run Joom!Fish, but I don't think it matters here)

P.P.S I didn't know exactly if it's a bug report or a 'how to use', so feel free to move around
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carolien
More
14 years 6 months ago #74115 by Carolien
Tested with Joom!Fish turned off, it didn't matter...

• Carolien
More
14 years 6 months ago #74116 by Carolien
It's a clash with the default K2 template. I started changing my template and it was gone.

So what did I do: I removed div class="itemFullText" and /div on the lines 228 and 230 of item.php in my template.
Good luck with this solution