Keyword

I am a newbie in K2 - simple question: how to link to an k2 item in jce editor ?

• gerold rocholz
  • gerold rocholz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74147 by gerold rocholz
After a one hour of of frustrating search, i have to ask you buddies.

Thanks for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74148 by that library
I'm not sure if you have already configured the groups yet in JCE, but there is one for 'default' and that is where you choose how the icons/buttons are arranged in the JCE that you see when you create or edit an article.

What you will look for is one that has two links of a chain (linked together) with a green circle w/ a + inside of it - click on that and it will open a lightbox-ish thingie popup for you to enter your link into - you can also specify within it where you want the link to open (parent, new window/tab, etc.), which you can also do within the JCE component configuration, if you add a lot of links like me that you all want them to be uniform... just to save myself some precious time.

Hope that helps~

More
14 years 6 months ago #74149 by that library
Alright, just to be clear - when you create or edit an article, you are looking for the icon w/2 links, a green circle with a + inside of it - click on that and it opens the pop up window.

You can configure where you want that icon to show up alongside of the others... you do that in the JCE component itself, in the groups section of that - there is one group for default (back end) and front end... sorry if that wasn't quite clear from the initial reply..

• gerold rocholz
  • gerold rocholz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74150 by gerold rocholz
Hi!

Thanks for answer - but it solves not my problem:

When i use the "advanced link" plugin from jce, and i use the "link browser" of the "advanced link" plugin, then i want to browse through joomla content AND through K2 items/categories.

But the "link browser" of the jce plugin "advanced link" shows ONLY the Joomla sections/categories/articles and unfortunately no K2 items/categories.

And i see no K2 plugin, which helps me browsing throughout the K2 content (similar to "advanced link" in jce, to put my desired links in a comfort way.

This is exactly the problem, i trouble around with....

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74151 by nightshiftcreative.com
I am thinking that unless JCE creates a plugin to read K2 items that will not be possible, you will have to do it manually. Right now a lot will have to be done manually while devs catch up with K2 and create plugins.