Keyword

How may I use the feature "Featured articles"?

• Mats Arvendal
  • Mats Arvendal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74158 by Mats Arvendal
How may I use the feature "Featured articles"? was created by Mats Arvendal
Sorry for asking such a simple question, but this is due to the sad fact that this splendid component doesn't have a basic manual :(

Is is some kind of similar feature to Joomla's standard front page publisher, i e letting the articles appear in the content area at the front page? Or...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74159 by ironmankho
Replied by ironmankho on topic How may I use the feature "Featured articles"?
it is very informative question for newbie ....can any body dare to answer .........

More
14 years 6 months ago #74160 by Vincent Holland
Replied by Vincent Holland on topic How may I use the feature "Featured articles"?
I've just picked up this component. I watched the presentation video... took notes and discovered many things. For the lack of documentation I suggest you watch the presentation video for how the system works. The second half is valuable info.

But for an answer to your post:

Forget how Joomla works with Sections, Categories and articles... Leave them alone. Use only the item in k2.

When you do this you then understand that it is a component in itself. Therefore as with other components you can link a menu item to the component.

Select menu under menus (joomla) and click on home. Edit the link 'Home'. Change the 'type' to 'K2' The drop down will show items... choose 'item listings'-'categories'

Providing you have 'items' created select the categories to show...

Hope this helps!

• Mats Arvendal
  • Mats Arvendal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74161 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic How may I use the feature "Featured articles"?
Thanks, but my question was really about the K2 feature "Featured article" (sorry that I only wrote that in the header of this thread, sorry for the confusion).

I was looking for a way to select items for the frontpage (home) since I realized that K2 pushes away all regular Joomla frontpage behaviour. I found out that K2 settings allowed for "show only featured items" and that did the trick.

Since I started this thread I have done my homework, i e forcing myself into a trial and error process and I think I by and by get the gist of what K2 is capable of. Keep on the good work. K2 is really good.