Keyword

mod k2 content [SOLVED]

• Magnus
  • Magnus's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74286 by Magnus
mod k2 content [SOLVED] was created by Magnus
I have just enabled the mod k2 content to show author as well (in one instance), but instead of showing "by" or "written by" it shows "WRITTEN_BY_MALE".

I figured this was because of something missing in the language file, so I added WRITTEN BY MALE=..., but this showed no effect. I also tried to google it, but this search came up empty. Anyone got any tips?

Never mind, adding those strings worked. Just before posting I cleared the cache and refreshed. It did not take immediately though, so after the next refresh everything was working correctly.

And sorry for my initial wrong posting, I was too quick, and not used to this forum (I navigated to the correct category, expected my post to appear there).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Magnus
More
14 years 6 months ago #74287 by Magnus
Replied by Magnus on topic mod k2 content [SOLVED]
Sorry, but it was not solved by adding that entry, it had to be:
WRITTEN_BY_MALE=written by
WRITTEN_BY_FEMALe=written by
WRITTEN_BY=written by
in en-GB.mod_k2_content.ini

• Magnus
More
14 years 6 months ago #74288 by Magnus
Replied by Magnus on topic mod k2 content [SOLVED]
Ok, this was getting ridiculous. Adding those entries mentioned above, worked, BUT I had to enter them in com_content as well. And still after adding that, the module did not show the author, but just "Title written by". I also think it lost all it's styling when using com_content. Anyway, I solved this by simply replacing even my static categories with K2 (and cleaning up a bit), and in the end it was a better solution at places, but other places I would have preferred to keep com_content (if for no other reason than it keeps the submission layout in K2 cleaner, with respect to categories).

More
14 years 6 months ago #74289 by Allan Mouawad
Replied by Allan Mouawad on topic mod k2 content [SOLVED]
Just wanted to say thanks for this update! I was having an issue where all the comments in the K2 Comment Mod would show something like 'Written by %s' then the authors name. Looked everywhere for a fix, where a few people said changing the 'written by' on line 34 of the comments.php file would work (it didn't in my case).

Came across your article and looked inside the en-GB.mod_k2_content.ini (under language/en-GB) and found that:

WRITTEN_BY=Written by %s

Changed this to 'WRITTEN BY=Written by' and hey presto, all working now!

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Cheers,
Allan