• Michael Sturmey's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74341 by Michael Sturmey
Admin added users not added to K2 user group was created by Michael Sturmey
Using:
Joomla 1.5.14
K2 2.1
Template: Rockettheme Affinity 1.57

Although I have listed the template used, I have also tested with the default Joomla templates with the same problem.

The K2 user plugin is installed and set for the “Registered” group

The problem
The problem is that all the users on my site are created via the administrator – self user registration is turned off. When a user is added via the administrator they are not automatically added as a K2 user. The result is that they can edit their details but they are not saved and although they see the link to add a comment – they are not actually able to.
I am sure that in the previous version admin added users were added to K2 – or am I dreaming that?
Can someone please advise whether this is the case – and also is there any way that I could fix this or that I could automatically import / add all registered users to the K2 registered list on login?

Regards

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74342 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Admin added users not added to K2 user group
Hi. This is handled by the K2 user plugin which is running only on the front-end.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael Sturmey
More
14 years 6 months ago #74343 by Michael Sturmey
Replied by Michael Sturmey on topic Admin added users not added to K2 user group
Is there any workaround that I could do?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This is handled by the K2 user plugin which is running only on the front-end.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 6 months ago #74344 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Admin added users not added to K2 user group
I believe I am going to have this same issue. I have a site where I don't want user registration in the front end at all to be available. I want to create users directly in K2 and assign their user group. Currently with this release of K2 this scenario isn't possible. So, if I don't want to enable account registration from the front end the only option is to create the account in Joomla, go to K2, open the user, assign their K2 user group and save.

• Michael Sturmey
More
14 years 6 months ago #74345 by Michael Sturmey
Replied by Michael Sturmey on topic Admin added users not added to K2 user group
Yes, I am updating a student extranet and thought K2 would be ideal - easy for staff to add content - easy for student comments etc but all the students - 3,000 + are synced from Microsoft Active Directory so bypass any front registration - what I need is a little script on login -" if legitimate registered student and not already added to K2 tables then add else if already in K2 then ignore" - unfortunately my PHP is not too hot so will have to look for someone who can do it for me if we choose to continue with K2

More
14 years 6 months ago #74346 by Lefteris
Hi. The bug has been fixed for the next release. Now when the user is created from the back-end he can edit normally his profile on the front-end and when he does so, he is assigned on the default K2 user group. Thank you all for reporting this issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Michael Sturmey
More
14 years 6 months ago #74347 by Michael Sturmey
Fantastic - thank you!!!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The bug has been fixed for the next release. Now when the user is created from the back-end he can edit normally his profile on the front-end and when he does so, he is assigned on the default K2 user group. Thank you all for reporting this issue.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 5 months ago #74348 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Admin added users not added to K2 user group
Last issue is when a site has many Joomla users (say 3000 or more) how to add all of them in bulk to a K2 user group. Is this possible?

More
14 years 5 months ago #74349 by Lefteris
Hi. Until now K2 does not provide an automated way fro doing this. You have to make your own script for this. We will consider implementing such a feature in a next release.

Bill Borque said:Last issue is when a site has many Joomla users (say 3000 or more) how to add all of them in bulk to a K2 user group. Is this possible?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---