Keyword

K2 Totally crashed my site. Now I don't dare installing it again

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74416 by Linda Cronsten
I have a brand new joomla installation and since I wanted to try K2 Full out with all my content I installed it first of all together with allvideos plugin and the simple image gallery. I've now read that it's not supported. But I didn't know that and when trying to upload an image the whole site went down. Front- and back and the database was inaccessible. Couldn't even reach it via phpMyAdmin. Got Database Error: Can't communicate with database and then something about MySQL.

Shouldn't it communicate some sort of warning if you try to use SIG with K2? Now I don't know what to do, I really don't dare installing it again, and it seem like SIG pro didn't work for some either. What caused the crash? The SIG or something else? Do I dare try K2 again?

I'm running it on this:
PHP Built on: Windows NT RANCOR 6.0 build 6002
Database Version: 5.0.37-community-nt
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9-2
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.14 Stable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74417 by Chris Yates
Linda,

Good morning.

This is an issue more likely related to Apache/My SQL than the K2 component and is a commonplace complaint on the Joomla forum.

The actual message is Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL I would assume and generally means that MySQL is having a whinge about some setting or other.

It can sometimes be fixed by stopping and restarting My SQL and/or Apache and My SQL. It may also mean that some setting or other has become corrupt in the configuration files.

Check all your settings in the first instance and, if necessary, ask for assistance from your host partner.

Hope that helps a bit.

CHRIS

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74418 by Linda Cronsten
Thanks. I got totally freaked so I just erased everything and installed a new version of Joomla. Maybe a little to harsh but it worked at last.

So then I'll guess it's safe to try again. :-)