Keyword

[SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working?

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74431 by Linda Cronsten
[SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working? was created by Linda Cronsten
So, I installed K2 again and will give it another try. Everything looks fine, but when I turned on the native Joomla SEF it doesn't work. The page looks fine from the main page, but when I click on a menyitem that goes to a K2 item, the whole page breaks and I lose my CSS. I tried finding a place to say to K2 to use my own CSS, since I've built it my self, but all I find is at box saying "select template" in the category item layout, and all I can choose from there is " use predefined".

Any one got any clues to what can be causing this. I only have the native joomla sef. If I turn it off, the page goes back to looking like it should.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74432 by Chris Yates
Replied by Chris Yates on topic [SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working?
Linda,

Good morning.

We're making a habit of this :-)

First of all, go to K2 Dashboard (components - K2), then click parameters in the top right hand corner and the very top item gives you the option to turn K2 CSS on or off (the tooltip gives you an idea why this may or may not be important).

What template are you using?

CHRIS

More
14 years 6 months ago #74433 by Chris Yates
Replied by Chris Yates on topic [SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working?
Linda,

One other thing.

I'd recommend using AceSEF to save any hassle getting SEF urls up and functioning. After much farting about with other methods (including sh404SEF) over the past week or so I've been building a site, I found AceSEF and its associated K2 extension, installed them and had everything running fantastically in around ten minutes. Mind AceSEF does cost $19 for the non copyright version and $9 for the K2 extension (£17.12 in proper money), but worth it given the hassle it saves.

Be Well,

CHRIS

• Linda Cronsten
More
14 years 6 months ago #74434 by Linda Cronsten
Replied by Linda Cronsten on topic [SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working?
Chris Yates said:Linda,
Good morning.

We're making a habit of this :-)

First of all, go to K2 Dashboard (components - K2), then click parameters in the top right hand corner and the very top item gives you the option to turn K2 CSS on or off (the tooltip gives you an idea why this may or may not be important).

What template are you using?

CHRIS

Never to late to start up a good habit. :-)

I use my very own template, built from scratch if you mean template for the site it self. If you mean template for K2, I use the default template.

I'll try that and see if it makes any difference, otherwise I'll try out the ACESEef

More
14 years 6 months ago #74435 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic [SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working?
Hi. You should have no problem with Joomla's native SEF and K2. Please check that you are using absolute paths for loading your css files in your template and not relative. Also if it is possible provide a link in order to get more help.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Linda Cronsten
More
14 years 6 months ago #74436 by Linda Cronsten
Sorry for the late reply.

I use the base url path like this "link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/miljosmartmat/css/style.css" type="text/css". That should be absolute, but I could be wrong.

The link to the site (and its not very ready yet) is www [dot]miljosmartmat[dot]se. I use the K2 in another site and it works fine there. And I've used the same template, so I really don't know why this is not working. :-(

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You should have no problem with Joomla's native SEF and K2. Please check that you are using absolute paths for loading your css files in your template and not relative. Also if it is possible provide a link in order to get more help.

• Linda Cronsten
More
14 years 6 months ago #74437 by Linda Cronsten
Just wanted to say that I tried with the Beez-template, and the native SEF still didn't work. So there's something else wrong here. :-(

More
14 years 6 months ago #74438 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic [SOLVED]Native Joomla SEF not working?
Hi. The browser is requesting some css files that cannot be found. More specific the files are:
www.miljosmartmat.se/templates/miljosmartmat/css/print.css
www.miljosmartmat.se/templates/miljosmartmat/css/general.css

I think this has nothing to do with K2 , it is a template issue.

Linda Cronsten said:Just wanted to say that I tried with the Beez-template, and the native SEF still didn't work. So there's something else wrong here. :-(

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Linda Cronsten
More
14 years 6 months ago #74439 by Linda Cronsten
I found the problem. Wasn't K2 at all. It was the server. :-( I obviously wasn't paying attention, but the server that the site resides on is a Windows NT IIs7. So of course it don't work out of the box. Nooo. had to tweak it. The php.ini file was misconfigured. And of course IIS don't use htaccess.. Noooo. Had to have some special file for that... So now it works.. not perfect, I can't use .html behind my sef-links, but I can live with that. So, in the standard way of all webdesigners the problem lies with using Microsoft. (I'm not a big microsoft-fan as you might can tell.. ;-) )

So problem solved. :-)

• Linda Cronsten
More
14 years 6 months ago #74440 by Linda Cronsten
The problem is that if you run Joomla on a IIS server you need a special rewrite module and a web.config file instead of the htaccess-file. I found my solution here learn.iis.net/page.aspx/527/joomla-on-iis/

Just wanted to share the solution also. :-)