Keyword

Featured Articles and Categories from K2

• Jerry Orense
  • Jerry Orense's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74688 by Jerry Orense
Featured Articles and Categories from K2 was created by Jerry Orense
Hi guys I just wanna ask if there's any way that K2 categories and articles can be shown at the index page?And lastly in the front page manager of Joomla,is there any way that all of the created categories in K2 category function can be shown also at the homepage?How can it be done?
Any help will greatly appreciated...
Many Thanks,

Jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74689 by Jerry Orense
Replied by Jerry Orense on topic Featured Articles and Categories from K2
any helps please? :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #74690 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Featured Articles and Categories from K2

Go to your main menu (or the main one you use)

go to your home link

when you have opened it up click on the ' change type' button

choose your K2 category

save

There you go, categories on your homepage. Basic Joomla stuff though so if you are getting stuck on that read the Joomla docs - you will get stuck with configuring K2 otherwise.

You will need to configure which articles you want to show on the frontpage or use the K2 content module in one of your frontpage module positions - if you do not know what they are you need to add: ?tp=1 to your url which will show up all the positions available.

so in your browser URL bar : http://www -**** YOUR URL ****-/?tp=1

leigh :)

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74691 by Jerry Orense
HI Leigh thanks for the reply!

I just wanna say was automatically you can see the K2 categories meaning already in a list they don't have to click in a menu..and also i didn't get this url manipulation ?tp=1.what's the function of that?Thanks again man Great help!

bunglehaze said:Log in to your joomla backend. Go to your main menu (or the main one you use)
go to your home link

when you have opened it up click on the ' change type' button

choose your K2 category

save

There you go, categories on your homepage. Basic Joomla stuff though so if you are getting stuck on that read the Joomla docs - you will get stuck with configuring K2 otherwise.

You will need to configure which articles you want to show on the frontpage or use the K2 content module in one of your frontpage module positions - if you do not know what they are you need to add: ?tp=1 to your url which will show up all the positions available.

so in your browser URL bar : http://www -**** YOUR URL ****-/?tp=1

leigh :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #74692 by bunglehaze
Jerry, if you follow the link to my site's category page you will see an example. apart from the reviews link all the site article content is displayed using K2 so the frontpage, articles and dealers and services are K2 in different formats using either the method I listed before or the content module.

www.bikechatter.co.uk/articles
That is the article category layout I explained.

The ?tp=1 just goes on the end of your URL to ask joomla to show you its template module positions, if you go back to your site homepage it goes back to normal so you simply use it as you need to see what positions are available.

leigh

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74693 by Jerry Orense
Hey Man I really appreciate your help...Kindly check this image...
you see the center labeled seminar category (Red highlighted)underneath is that what I want to be done...list down all the categories in a list..sorry for the image if its small..

when they click on every link they shld go on every categories...

Thanks,

Jerry

bunglehaze said:Jerry, if you follow the link to my site's category page you will see an example. apart from the reviews link all the site article content is displayed using K2 so the frontpage, articles and dealers and services are K2 in different formats using either the method I listed before or the content module. www.bikechatter.co.uk/articles
That is the article category layout I explained.

The ?tp=1 just goes on the end of your URL to ask joomla to show you its template module positions, if you go back to your site homepage it goes back to normal so you simply use it as you need to see what positions are available.

leigh

More
14 years 6 months ago #74694 by bunglehaze
Jerry , yes it will do that albeit K2 automatically creates each category in its own box, I am sure you can do it as a single box with some css and template tweaking through.

leigh

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74695 by Jerry Orense
Hey man thanks alot again...this would be the last question I would like to place it center on the home page..Do I need to use the front page manager so that it will be display properly?and also man is there any k2 component that can list the user's post and group?

Many Thanks,

Jerry

bunglehaze said:Jerry , yes it will do that albeit K2 automatically creates each category in its own box, I am sure you can do it as a single box with some css and template tweaking through.
leigh

More
14 years 6 months ago #74696 by bunglehaze
Jerry, if you want to use the categories in the main content area you just need to follow what I said in the first post which is assigning the relevant category as your default. You can add new menu items and choose a users page. Go and have a play around with the basics and it will become apparent.

leigh