Keyword

resizing thumbnails

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74710 by bunglehaze
resizing thumbnails was created by bunglehaze
Hi folks, a quick question. I am trying out a few different templates for the content module and have realised that my image sizes need to be altered to make the smallest thumbnail half the current size (actually 40px rather than 100px)

I have set these sizes in the K2 backend but the thumbnails have stayed the same size, how do I force K2 to re-size the thumbnails?

leigh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74711 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic resizing thumbnails
They don't re-size until you delete the image and re-upload it. If that does not work, maybe you can add a width to the image tag in the template, but the 100px will still be loaded.

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74712 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic resizing thumbnails
Hi iLLeT, just to get this straight other than manually coding in a restricted size I would have to reupload 1200 images - 1 per article - just to resize an image for each? That seems a little bit badly planned for a component that deals with dynamic content. Surely there must be a simpler more efficient way?

leigh :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #74713 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic resizing thumbnails
I noticed the resize issue when I was messing around with K2 and also searched the forums. That is how I got "delete and re-upload". I'm also interested in this topic. I took 1 full day, off and on, to think of the sizes I needed before I started using K2. I hoping for a better answer too. I also read that if you delete the photos in the cache folder, they won't automatically resize, which makes sense, but still was crossing my fingers hopping it would work.

One other thing I found is after you publish an article, you can't change the category image, so watch out for that too. Unless I missed something :/

bunglehaze said:Hi iLLeT, just to get this straight other than manually coding in a restricted size I would have to reupload 1200 images - 1 per article - just to resize an image for each? That seems a little bit badly planned for a component that deals with dynamic content. Surely there must be a simpler more efficient way? leigh :)

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74714 by bunglehaze
Perhaps one of the devs can respond to this? It seems a rather basic function so I am assuming that I am missing something here.

leigh :D

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #74715 by bunglehaze
Nevermind, Fotis let me know by twitter - for now you go through ftp and download each file with the filesizes you are changing (in my case small and xsmall), then you have to resize localy and reup.

Thankfully though a better method is already planned for the future.

leigh :D