Keyword

Ok that it ! K2 is content api thingg what ever it called

• klinkz
  • klinkz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74718 by klinkz
That it, I had it with K2 !!!! Now all I needed was a simple stupid plugin (well maybe not simple or stupid ) or module or whatever K2 call it now of this days, a plugin that would enable me to use an article generator so i don't need to upload every 3 bloody hours (for the past 2 weeks that right two bloody weeks!!) that articles.

So what you gonna do about you may ask ? Find I'll tell you what i'm gonna do about it. ME, some half bottle of vodka,a pack of cigarette, my slow @$$ pentium 4 laptop and whatever first grade lame excuse of PHP so called knowledge of module programming I have, will try to write a plugin or whatever it called, for content generation with RSS.

Thank for reading the post, I needed to vent.

P.S. K2 does rock, and you guys did a hell of a great job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74719 by bunglehaze
Erm how about wipe your joomla article content totally, install feedgator and then try and work out a way to cron import the joomla articles into K2? Or failing that take a look at the feedgator code and alter it to import to K2 instead? It should be possible bud if you are thinking of going the whole hog and writing some script.

cheers

leigh :)

• klinkz
More
14 years 6 months ago #74720 by klinkz
Hey leigh,

thanks for the idea, that will save me a lot of time. Lets me see if i got it right. Feedgator will use RSS to create content that will be dump somewhere in a /section/category/article. Would it be in the code edit somewhere where I could edit and put it to /K2 /category/item instead ??? so it would be an autopilot ??!! That would be great

Cheers

bunglehaze said:Erm how about wipe your joomla article content totally, install feedgator and then try and work out a way to cron import the joomla articles into K2? Or failing that take a look at the feedgator code and alter it to import to K2 instead? It should be possible bud if you are thinking of going the whole hog and writing some script.
cheers

• klinkz
More
14 years 6 months ago #74721 by klinkz
Hi,

manage to find this,www.gnomeontherun.com/downloads/

content to k2 :)

don't has me how i found it finish the bottle (well half that was left) of vodka ,so my memory is little fuzzy ...

Cheers

klinkz said:Hey leigh,
thanks for the idea, that will save me a lot of time. Lets me see if i got it right. Feedgator will use RSS to create content that will be dump somewhere in a /section/category/article. Would it be in the code edit somewhere where I could edit and put it to /K2 /category/item instead ??? so it would be an autopilot ??!! That would be great

Cheers

bunglehaze said:Erm how about wipe your joomla article content totally, install feedgator and then try and work out a way to cron import the joomla articles into K2? Or failing that take a look at the feedgator code and alter it to import to K2 instead? It should be possible bud if you are thinking of going the whole hog and writing some script. cheers

More
14 years 6 months ago #74722 by JoomlaWorks
LOL both K2 and you man, you rock!

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• klinkz
More
14 years 6 months ago #74723 by klinkz
Hi oh mind troubleshooting community that I love,

here is the fallow up upon my trouble (setting up Feed so that they can show some content in the K2).

I went to buy at my local community two book : - Learning Joomla Extension Development
- Mastering Joomla 1.5 Extension and Framework Development

Went to find also some tools = J!code and J!dump (google it !)

Manage install feedgator and make it work

try to make it work with the conversion script above, didn't work at all. (now all try to edit must be my fault or the hangover form the week-end). However the feedgator and the import from k2 to article work. The problem is that feedgator only get 3 or 4 sentence from the feed and not the full article....

All read more into those books maybe they have something useful .
if any body has any help it's more then welcome to tell me, BUT please and I'm begging here, explain to me like a first grader PHP (since I'm a complete retard and I'm blaming my parent for that. )

Cheers