Keyword

maximumadventure.com (travel)

• Stuart Rogers
  • Stuart Rogers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #75050 by Stuart Rogers
maximumadventure.com (travel) was created by Stuart Rogers
We have just launched our latest Joomla based website, promoting trips worldwide.

www.maximumadventure.com/

The homepage is based on Joomlaworks Frontpage slideshow.

The main trip pages run from a customised version of Joomlaworks K2.

We would appreciate any feedback on the functionality or design.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 6 months ago #75051 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic maximumadventure.com (travel)
Very well done, Really nice job. Good design, nice funcionality, well structured. Congrats!!!!!

Can you tell what was the developement time spend it? Which other extensions are you using, if so??????

Rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Stuart Rogers
More
14 years 6 months ago #75052 by Stuart Rogers
Replied by Stuart Rogers on topic maximumadventure.com (travel)
Thanks Olsen, glad you like it.

Development was around 4 weeks including content entry, much of the custom work involved the search facility, the colored sliders and the booking forms. The only other components are Acajoom for the newsletter subscription and sh404 for the URLs.

More
14 years 6 months ago #75053 by Emily Pearce
Replied by Emily Pearce on topic maximumadventure.com (travel)
Wow - excellent work! Fantastic.
I would love to know how you achieved the trip dossier download link. I've been struggling trying to get similar functionality on a site I'm working on (for an Australian walking tour company). I just need to be able to collect a name and email address before they download the itinerary - but have pretty limited coding skills and cannot figure out how to achieve it. I nearly fell-off my chair when I saw what you had managed to achieve - amazing!!
Cheers
Em

• Stuart Rogers
More
14 years 6 months ago #75054 by Stuart Rogers
Replied by Stuart Rogers on topic maximumadventure.com (travel)
Thanks for the kind words Emily.
The download form is a custom coded view we created within K2. But have you considered using a standard forms component? You could set-up the form "thank you" page as the download page so that people must complete your form before they can access the downloads.

More
14 years 6 months ago #75055 by Peter Haupt
Replied by Peter Haupt on topic maximumadventure.com (travel)
Hi excellent work. Great design and functionality! I'm also working on a travel website for adventure tours in Austria. I've got a question to your booking form. Did you use a joomla form component which you customised to your needs?

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 6 months ago #75056 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic maximumadventure.com (travel)
Changing Horizon said:Thanks Olsen, glad you like it.
Development was around 4 weeks including content entry, much of the custom work involved the search facility, the colored sliders and the booking forms. The only other components are Acajoom for the newsletter subscription and sh404 for the URLs.

You wellcome. Well, its a great time for development, if we consider that ( as I guess) you used standard bleez joomla template.
Search functionality has, sure, hard work customizing and hacking K2 module. +1!!

Anyway i have few more questions:
1º About the sliders could you tell how do you achieve it? Your own work or using any third party code???

2º Image gallery, i guess you use SIG, but how do you get that layout?? (one first picture up and the other 3 down it)

3º Are you using K2 v1 ???????? Why??????

Thanks for your time

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details