Keyword

I over wrote the whole thing from a server back up.

• Gregory Dahl
  • Gregory Dahl's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #75065 by Gregory Dahl
I loaded K2 into my Joomla site, watched the video, clicked around the k2 site. "banged my head against the wall", joined the soc network, added a friend, in all about 6-8 hours, and really couldn't figure out how to get this extension to work in my site. My bosses heard about the hours I was spending, and pulled me off. I uninstalled k2, and pulled from my backup tapes to erase it. K2 looks like it can do lots of things I need, but I cant find and kind of FAQ or how to set up. How do I link it to menus? I over wrote the whole thing with a server back up. I'll install K2 on a testing server for when there is time.

Let me know when you have "click this to do that" documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #75066 by Nic Nowlan
It's probably a good idea to read up on Joomla! in their documentation section of joomla.org. k2 will get a whole lot easier to understand if you understand Joomla. For instance, to create a menu item for anything in k2 you would create a menu item like any other article in Joomla. Except you select k2 instead of Articles. There are more options with tooltips to explain what each one does, but it's pretty self explanatory at that point. It works like all joomla components when creating menu links.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.