Keyword

(Lefteris) SEF wrong for K2 Item

• Todd Allen
  • Todd Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75202 by Todd Allen
(Lefteris) SEF wrong for K2 Item was created by Todd Allen
I'm hoping that Lefteris or someone else with the similar problem can help me here.

I have a category page listing items (approx 50) from within that category. At the top of the page I have a short menu with K2 Item Links to the more popular items so that the user doesn't have to scroll down the page to locate them.

For K2 Items that are in the menu (top) the SEF URL is wrong. Instead of reading:
www.mydomain.com/aboutus/listing/item/101-my-item-name

It reads:
www.mydomain.com/my-item-name

^^^ the second alias is coming from the menu item alias -- NOT K2. So when I try to add modules to the page, it doesn't work - the modules do not show up in the sidebars. Yes, the modules were added to the Menu Assignment. I even tried putting the menu assignment to ALL PAGES and it still would not show on the items with the wrong SEF URL.

I have done tons of testing and cannot figure out why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75203 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic (Lefteris) SEF wrong for K2 Item
Hi. The behavior of the component is correct as it finds that the item in the listing has already been linked through a Joomla menu. That's why it uses the menu alias.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Todd Allen
  • Todd Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75204 by Todd Allen
Replied by Todd Allen on topic (Lefteris) SEF wrong for K2 Item
Thank you for the response and explanation. Is there any way to get the modules to show up on those item templates then since the component does not recognize the link?