Keyword

Translate extra fields with K2 + JoomFish?

• D Munter
  • D Munter's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75210 by D Munter
Hello everyone,

I'm using K2 and JoomFish to develop a multi-lingual real estate site. I want to use K2 to create "property listing" pages using multiple extra fields (such as features list, amenities, etc.). Each property listing page must be available in all the site languages.

In K2, I've set up the category, field group and extra fields without a problem. Also, when I translate K2 Items in the JoomFish backend, I am able to enter translations for everything, including the extra fields. However when I switch languages on the frontend, none of the translated content for the extra fields appears! The translations for the page title, etc., show up fine; it's just the extra fields translations that are missing. (The original language shows up instead.)

Has anyone been able to get translated content for extra fields to show up properly?

And one final question: is it possible to enable a WYSIWYG HTML editor for the textarea field type in the Item editor interface?

Thanks and best,
Daniel M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75211 by fran p
Replied by fran p on topic Translate extra fields with K2 + JoomFish?
Make sure you have "published" the extra fields translations in Joomfish, because I also encountered a missing WYSIWYG editor with Joomfish/Extra fields when they were in the unpublished state. Hope this helps.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75212 by Jan Schippers
Replied by Jan Schippers on topic Translate extra fields with K2 + JoomFish?
Hello evryone,

I published the extra field and even then I cannot see the additional information at the frontend. Can anyone help me. I have three translations Dutch (original language) English and Frisian (local language)