Keyword

K2 Articles and FrontPage Featured Modules

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75225 by Different Color
K2 Articles and FrontPage Featured Modules was created by Different Color
There are a couple of simple things I don't quite get yet - since I haven't used K2 before. Is the k2 component meant to entirely replace the Core Articles/categories? Or is that recommended to fully utilize it?

If I have a featured article slider extension on my website - will it pull articles from K2? I assume not? I'm trying not to spend days setting up a website with K2 and a learning curve if my final vision of using some slick article extensions and stuff is going to be a bust.

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75226 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic K2 Articles and FrontPage Featured Modules
Andrew - thanks for your reply! Working with K2 kind of feels like the first time I tried to use Joomla... and was so frustrated because I didn't know where to begin of what related where. Once I got through a site with it - it became intuitive and SO much better than the old way of building a website. :) I think that K2 might be the same experience... so I'm going to keep working on it.

This site is a realtor website for my mom - so low pressure and I think maybe a good way to experiment with K2 - creating properties as articles and using the videos and galleries to their maximum advantage.

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.