Keyword

Favorite Articles feature in K2?

• Carolyn Fixary
  • Carolyn Fixary's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75256 by Carolyn Fixary
Favorite Articles feature in K2? was created by Carolyn Fixary
Hello -- im searching for a CCK that allows me to either use a Favorite Articles component for the Joomla Core OR a CCK that has its own Favorite Articles feature. Can K2 supply its own? thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75257 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Favorite Articles feature in K2?
I found one! I have to run out right now to go to dinner... but I did find one somewhere and I need to look around for it. Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to remind me to send it to you! I think it worked pretty well.

You're looking for a favorites article extension, right? Or you're looking for a CCK that will allow you to use one you already have?

Martha

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75258 by Different Color
Now I'm interested in a favorites feature for K2.... my Favorites Extension I have is for Core Content... Anyone?

• Carolyn Fixary
More
14 years 5 months ago #75259 by Carolyn Fixary
Replied by Carolyn Fixary on topic Favorite Articles feature in K2?
Hey Martha -- I know exactly what extension youre talking about --- its a nice one too eh? unfortunately though we cannot use it on any of the CCKs that dont use joomla core. JSeblod CCK can use it, but ive been a little confused trying to set it up. I was hoping K2's developers -- the guys that know K2 inside and out -- could just answer yes or no if they installed a Favorites feature inside K2 -- make it easy to choose a CCK. Guess they didnt read our post :) oh well... maybe someone can help us.

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75260 by Different Color
Yea, I'm actually suddenly kind of desperate to have this feature! I forgot it was part of my initial site proposal - and I hadn't planned on using K2 at the time... now I want to use K2 and I'm worried this Favorites Feature will be scrapped! Ugh!

I think I'm going to DID email the guys who made the extension we are familiar with - maybe they are interested in contribution a K2 version?

Martha

• Carolyn Fixary
More
14 years 5 months ago #75261 by Carolyn Fixary
Replied by Carolyn Fixary on topic Favorite Articles feature in K2?
great idea! see what they say --- the guy is really nice and enthusiastic.... maybe hell be open to the idea :) BTW, Mighty Resources, the other CCK, has its own favorites feature that is nice. Its a pretty cool CCK -- its not QUITE as pretty as K2 is out of the box, but if you know anything about CSS, which I dont, you can probably tweak it to look better. Anyway... let me know what the guy says... thanks!

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75262 by Different Color
Which extension have you used Carolyn? There are two that I've found. The one I used before was by Instantiate and it added a button above the article that created a separate LIST of favorite articles. I've contacted them, but no response yet.

The other one I found that I'm trying now seems like it will work fine! It's the module by Core Design
www.greatjoomla.com/extensions/modules/core-design-my-favorite-pages-module.html

It seems to bookmark the page address, so whether its K2 or core articles makes no difference! It WOULD be a perfect solution fo rme, except they require this special plugin that is causing all kinds of problems with the core and K2 frontend editors.... UGH! It's alweays something.

You might consider trying it and see if it works for you? I'm trying to trouleshoot the conflicts so I can use this, I hope its possible!

Martha