Keyword

SIG Pro - thumbnails do not display!

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75263 by Different Color
SIG Pro - thumbnails do not display! was created by Different Color
I've read all the discussions on fixing SIG to work to display thumbnails and to upload the archive properly.

I was getting the ARCHIVE upload error. I did all the code changes suggested and the only thing that works is uploading in IE, not firefox. I can live with that.

I'm still not seeing thumbnails. I've got the proper directory for media/k2/galleries in the parameters. I've tried everything I could find suggested. Changing code, installing and uninstalling, installing hacked versions, etc...etc... I paid for SIG Pro and installed v2.

I'm desperate! I REALLY really need these image galleries to work or else K2 is not going to work for my purposes and I need to go back to using core content and SIG pro in the traditional sense.

Anyone? I'm prepared to pay for someone to figure it out. I've got several other websites in the works that could benefit from K2 - but require the image gallery option!

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75264 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic SIG Pro - thumbnails do not display!
Hi. So if you have tried everything else please make sure that the zip you are uploading does not contain any folder. This means that the root of the zip should contain only the images not a folder with the images.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75265 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic SIG Pro - thumbnails do not display!
It definitely does not contain a folder. It's all single word file names - and all jpgs.

All lowercase now too. The archive error happens in firefox but not IE. The thumbnails still so not show. I know this is a really common problem!

martha

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75266 by Different Color
I THINK THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED. Sort of. I looked int he folder where the images were and I no-ticed they were all saved as image.JPEG... so I renamed them image.jpg and they appear!

However - I'm having the problem with the editor now. Not appearing in the front-end OR the administrator and the tabs don't work.

Martha

More
14 years 5 months ago #75267 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic SIG Pro - thumbnails do not display!
Hi. Concerning the editor and tabs issue please try to set the SIG engine to mootools.

Martha Moody said:I THINK THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED. Sort of. I looked int he folder where the images were and I no-ticed they were all saved as image.JPEG... so I renamed them image.jpg and they appear!
However - I'm having the problem with the editor now. Not appearing in the front-end OR the administrator and the tabs don't work.

Martha

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75268 by Different Color
I did and it worked! thanks!

More
14 years 5 months ago #75269 by Blck Hole 2
Replied by Blck Hole 2 on topic SIG Pro - thumbnails do not display!
it is amazing
it worked