Keyword

K2 and FrontPageSlideShow in the homepage

• pocasolta
  • pocasolta's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75317 by pocasolta
hello all,

I'm starting to use K2 for a website which has to have a product catalog in the homepage.

I am using the FPSS extension and it worked fine until I wanted to have the k2 category list in the frontpage ( changed the Home menu item type from FrontPage Blog Layout to K2-item listings / categories ).
Since this change in the Home menu item, on top of the FPSS I get this error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in F:\xampp\htdocs\testJoomla\components\com_content\helpers\route.php on line 106 (the text is repeated 3 times)

If I use this option without FPSS I can see the K2 category list fine in the homepage.
If I use FPSS without the K2 type for the menu item, I can see FPSS without errors.

I tried placing FPSS in different positions, changing templates... but always the same result

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

[UPDATE:]
If I create another menu item which links to K2 category list and set this menu item as default, it works ok only if there is another menu item of the 'FrontPage Blog layout' type created. If I unpublish the frontpage menu item the error reappears.

thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #75318 by jerome rulewicz
Replied by jerome rulewicz on topic K2 and FrontPageSlideShow in the homepage
I have the same error, same line# same file.

FPSS and K2 Loading on same page. "Home" or default main menu item is pointed at K2 article rather than Front Page blog layout. If I replace "Home" with a Front Page blog layout FPSS loads with no errors.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.