Keyword

How I made the thumbnails work and other problem solvers with SIG Pro

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75365 by Different Color
After days of grief and fears that K2 wouldn't for my project... I finally got all the stars aligned and the thumbs are displaying. I figured I'd share my fixes here in one place - because I suspect they are common problems!

1) THUMBS DON'T DISPLAY

I found that my file names were image.JPEG - instead of image.jpg. I don't know why they defaulted to that - I actually got them off the internet from some other website, so I wasn't expecting that weird caps JPEG file extension.

I changed all the extensions to jpg and the problem was solved (sort of, read on)! For those who are only run-of-the-mill geeks (who also use Windows), you can set your Windows explorer to show the extensions so these things are caught more quickly and more easily changed! Go to folder options and find the select box for Hide file extensions. Turn it off!

2. TABS & EDITOR BROKEN ON ITEMS WITH GALLERIES
Then I still had this issue of the Editor and Tabs breaking when a gallery was installed. I could not see tabs and I could not delete galleries. The Editor was totally gone. I know this is a common problem!

This was easily resolved by following the advice from some other discussion to use a mootools SIG pop-up. I had a JQuery pop-up selected.

3. UNKNOWN ARCHIVE ERROR When uploading an archive I got this error. I actually didn't ever find a way to resolve this problem, but you might be relieved to know it only happens in FIREFOX. Try IE, if you haven't already! At least it's not a deal killer.

Now to find out why my Tags are breaking! :)

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.