Keyword

Tags not able to display å, ä, ö?

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75571 by Linda Cronsten
Tags not able to display å, ä, ö? was created by Linda Cronsten
I just LOVE K2. Best component ever. :-D It makes it so easy to try new thing. So I tried using tags, and they work, just as long as I don't have any å,ä, or Ö in them. I found the replacement for the blank space trouble but not on this. It could be that it's the same problem as I had before (site is on a windows IIS7 server) but then I figured that maybe I could do the same as with the white space issue, just replace the å, ä and Ö to a, ae and o, but I must be doing something wrong because it don't work. :-(

Any solutions?
www.miljosmartmat.se

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75572 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic Tags not able to display å, ä, ö?
I have some demo installs with K2 and german Umlaute (ä, ö, ü)
I don´t have any issues.

Did you check your database collation and server settings for UTF-8 support !?
Your Browser has also a setting for textcode/charset... usually this is set to standard or auto.

CU

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75573 by Linda Cronsten
Replied by Linda Cronsten on topic Tags not able to display å, ä, ö?
I checked the database and its UTF-8, all of it. The server also. I changed my browser setting, with no luck. It works everywhere else, all my items are correct, it just the tags that don't work. Very weird. But I must be doing something wrong somewhere, because this problem seems to pop up al them time, and not just on this site. I use Dreamweaver to change my Css and so forth, but if I use ctrl + J I always have to change back to utf-8. but I really cant understand why or if it's the root to the problem. But I haven't touched the K2- files so I really don't understand why this is happening. :-(

Rex Kramer said:I have some demo installs with K2 and german Umlaute (ä, ö, ü) I don´t have any issues.

Did you check your database collation and server settings for UTF-8 support !?
Your Browser has also a setting for textcode/charset... usually this is set to standard or auto.

CU