Joomla Menu K2 troubles

• Brenda McFarlane
  • Brenda McFarlane's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75633 by Brenda McFarlane
Joomla Menu K2 troubles was created by Brenda McFarlane
Complete Noob here.

Joomla 1.5.15. K2 fresh download.

I am struggling to set up site using K2 and having a hell of a time trying to get menus to appear. I've followed every tutorial I can find, checked, deleted, tried again. I've gotten some crazy results but nothing that works.

The latest is a warning that reads

cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()! in...

I've tried to check my host to make sure they are using PHP 5 but can't tell so I'll contact them, but assuming they are using PHP 5 any ideas?

Also, if anyone can help me further with things to check to get menus up. The Top Menu (Moo Menus) will only come up if I choose every menu item and every category in the Module Section I've created for my Top Menu. And even then, it is not legible as fonts are too large, font and BG is white unless hovered over and it's all in a flat horizontal list including the sub-menus (no drop downs)

Since I have had no luck with top menu I've begun to work on side menu and got warning mentioned above. Any suggestions to get me headed towards a solution?

(the site is farfetchedproductions.com but I continue to mess around trying to make it work so issue will not remain static.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.