Keyword

Front End Edit

• Tom Brooke
  • Tom Brooke's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75688 by Tom Brooke
Front End Edit was created by Tom Brooke
I know this has been asked 100 times But I still can't the add new item on the front end to work. I am using Rocket Themes Affinity template that may be the problem.

I have my user in user group site owner and under the group setting I have all permissions inclcuding allow front end editing set to use. The items the user has posted have the little marking to allow changes but there is nothing to allow new posts that I can find. I understand it is supposed to be above the login

Any Suggections

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75689 by ironmankho
Replied by ironmankho on topic Front End Edit
i want to know this ...but if any body tell that

More
14 years 5 months ago #75690 by tazboy
Replied by tazboy on topic Front End Edit
I am also using the Affinity template and I just figured this out. It has nothing to do with the template. My issue was that when I went to K2's "Users" link I thought that the each user was already part of a group. I had to look carefully to see that they were only set to a "Joomla! Group" and not a "K2 Group". So click on the user you want to be able to edit from the front-end. Now you would think that since the user already has a group selected ("registered" or "site owner" in the drop-down box that they are good to go, but that is not the truth. You have to press "Save" in order for it to go through. Then you should be set. Hope this helps.

• Tom Brooke
  • Tom Brooke's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75691 by Tom Brooke
Replied by Tom Brooke on topic Front End Edit
Thanks the Add new item appeared but I get the following mesage:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75692 by tazboy
Replied by tazboy on topic Front End Edit
No idea on what is going on there.