Keyword

Unable to use Frontend Editing

• Jonathan Whiting
  • Jonathan Whiting's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75695 by Jonathan Whiting
Unable to use Frontend Editing was created by Jonathan Whiting
I do not have Joom!fish installed, but I am still unable to edit my items when logged in through the frontend. I checked the K2 parameters and frontend editing is enabled, I checked my user permissions and they are at the highest. I am using K2 v2.1 on Joomla 1.5.9. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Also, I am able to edit articles not published through K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Whiting
  • Jonathan Whiting's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75696 by Jonathan Whiting
Replied by Jonathan Whiting on topic Unable to use Frontend Editing
Thanks Jason, I hadn't assigned a K2 User group to the user profiles. Such a simple solution.

More
14 years 4 months ago #75697 by Marie Littlewort
Replied by Marie Littlewort on topic Unable to use Frontend Editing
Hi I found this thread and I am having the same difficulty with users being able to add blogs to via the frontend of the website that I am administering.

I have assigned users to a K2 User Group, I only have the defaults Site Owner and Registered but I have modified the access settings for registered, as I performed the step by step installation as outlined in the walk-thru document by Florente Bautista. Registered users can add and edit their own posts and comment on all.

I cannot get either of the users groups to add post via the front end. I also have no option to make a menu item to submit an article. The only way I can submit an article is via the joomla article form which isnt connected to K2.

The website I am administering is www.princealbertromford.co.uk and I would like the patrons of the pub to be able to use this site as social community website, as a way to communicate with each other.

More
14 years 4 months ago #75698 by Marie Littlewort
Apologies Jason I disabled the K2 on my site as I could not get it work... when users logged I never got an add new item link for registered or owners the only option availabe were see my page or see my account.

Jason said:It looks like your site shows the Joomla login module for registered users instead of the K2 login module. The K2 login module will show an 'Add New Item' link when a user is logged in. It also looks like your 'users blog' menu item links to a Joomla category instead of a K2 category. If it linked to a K2 category, there would also be an 'Add a new item to this category' link at the top which would also open the front end editor.
Marie Littlewort said:Hi I found this thread and I am having the same difficulty with users being able to add blogs to via the frontend of the website that I am administering. I have assigned users to a K2 User Group, I only have the defaults Site Owner and Registered but I have modified the access settings for registered, as I performed the step by step installation as outlined in the walk-thru document by Florente Bautista. Registered users can add and edit their own posts and comment on all.

I cannot get either of the users groups to add post via the front end. I also have no option to make a menu item to submit an article. The only way I can submit an article is via the joomla article form which isnt connected to K2.

The website I am administering is www.princealbertromford.co.uk and I would like the patrons of the pub to be able to use this site as social community website, as a way to communicate with each other.

More
14 years 4 months ago #75699 by Marie Littlewort
Hi Jason

Yes I created blog categories and a directory category

Jason said:Have you created any K2 categories yet?