Keyword

Simple Image Gallery doesn't register with K2

• Brian Hardyman
  • Brian Hardyman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75715 by Brian Hardyman
Simple Image Gallery doesn't register with K2 was created by Brian Hardyman
I am new to K2 and love what I have seen so far. I'm running K2 v2.1. I have the SIG plugin installed v1.2.1. For some reason, I can not get the K2 component to see the JWSIG plugin.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark.Jones.Melbourne
More
14 years 5 months ago #75716 by Mark.Jones.Melbourne
Replied by Mark.Jones.Melbourne on topic Simple Image Gallery doesn't register with K2
Me too... Has anyone resolved this?

• Mark.Jones.Melbourne
More
14 years 5 months ago #75717 by Mark.Jones.Melbourne
Replied by Mark.Jones.Melbourne on topic Simple Image Gallery doesn't register with K2
So then the Component is wrong?

"Notice: Please install JoomlaWorks Simple Image Gallery (Free/Pro) plugin if you want to use the image gallery features of K2!"

Perhaps this should be corrected...

Piotr said:I'm afraid it doesn't work with the free version. Pro version should be fine

• Brian Hardyman
  • Brian Hardyman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75718 by Brian Hardyman
Replied by Brian Hardyman on topic Simple Image Gallery doesn't register with K2
Piotr said:corrected, or code fixed to allow free version. contact developers

Isn't that what this forum is for? Don't K2 developers scan the forums? Or at least admins or mods that talk to developers?

More
14 years 5 months ago #75719 by pabs11
This has been an issue for a while now. You'll find LOTS of post and possible solutions in the forums. Including mine. There's also the Simple Image Gallery Pro forum at the joomlaworks forums.

I ended up buying the pro, and still had probs with thumbnails not displaying in the image gallery. I made sure there were no inappropriate image file names ( like spaces, hyphens, etc ), rezipped the images anew, and re-uploaded. You also have to make sure the destination folder is correct, there's an option to change it in the SIGpro admin.

Don't know if the standard SIG has been fixed yet, but it has been promised to be fixed for K2 some time back.

Check all the posts if you need more help. The Pro's a good investment as there are some nice options with it, and you can use it anywhere, not just in K2, or one site only.

Hope that helps,
P