Keyword

How to set image for a category?

• No Spam
  • No Spam's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75772 by No Spam
How to set image for a category? was created by No Spam
Hello all,

I"ve been trying to create a icon-based system by which all links are represented by a picture or icon. When you get to the front page, it shows you a 9x9 table of icons which navigate to another sub-menu of icons to eventually arrive at content which can be an article, video, something for sale, or music.

The best system i've found that can do this is Yootheme Zoo. I've downloaded the light version but I've noticed that there is no pagebreak option when you write articles. Some of our articles are quite lengthy, so I wouldn't want it to run the entire length of the web page. I did discover that K2 will be offering a pagebreak option in a new release.

I've been working with K2 and so far I"m quite impressed with it's flexibility. It seems to be much more powerful than Zoo and have better support among other advantages. So far I've been trying to get it to fit the design of my website. However, I can't figure out where change the default category image (the open folder). In the item section, there is a tab to set the icon but there are no tabs for the categories.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75773 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic How to set image for a category?
howdy

Read this post I just made, here : k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/sub-category-image-size - I think it answers your second question.

And the pagebreak in long articles is still an issue with K2 - you'll find lots of posts about it - not sure if there's a fix yet - but I could use it too.

P

• No Spam
More
14 years 5 months ago #75774 by No Spam
Replied by No Spam on topic How to set image for a category?
Sorry, I'm confused. That article talks about setting image sizes for category images. What I'm trying to find is where to set the image for a category rather than using the default "open folder" image.

The parameters section of K2 implies there is a way to do it. There is a setting called: Placeholder image for category if none exists -Yes -No. So I'm assuming that the folder image is the placeholder image. So where do we set an image for a category?

Thanks muchly.

• No Spam
More
14 years 5 months ago #75775 by No Spam
I found how to do it. It's at the bottom of the content editor section titled: image. For some reason I assumed it was part of the joomla editor and not the category. I figured it out by doing a search on the forum and coming across someone's uploaded screenshot of the category properties. He was using a slightly different template for his back-end so I was able to notice the extra image field.

Thanks!

More
14 years 5 months ago #75776 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic How to set image for a category?
sorry I misunderstood - glad you found it, took me a while to locate that too as I often didn't scroll down the whole page when I was working on an article.

P

No Spam said:I found how to do it. It's at the bottom of the content editor section titled: image. For some reason I assumed it was part of the joomla editor and not the category. I figured it out by doing a search on the forum and coming across someone's uploaded screenshot of the category properties. He was using a slightly different template for his back-end so I was able to notice the extra image field.
Thanks!

• No Spam
More
14 years 5 months ago #75777 by No Spam
No problem Pabs, I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.

Take care.