Keyword

IE7: No Content Displayed When 'Show Title' Set to No!

More
14 years 5 months ago #75853 by Terp
I'm surprised I found this one. I finally started to style my K2 blog and thought all was working fine, except some very minor IE8 cosmetic issues; I did post a question about the ie7.css and ie6.css being blank here: k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/componentscomk2cssie7css-has but thought perhaps these css files were added merely as a placeholder and people drop in their css changes...so perhaps they are empty by design? :)

Anyway, I went to check the look across a variety of browsers and noticed that IE7 had a major issue - no content/articles were being displayed.

I can navigate directly to a post and see the content perfectly in 'item view', but when I go to the main blog page, which is a k2 category menu items showing all the categories, no content is compiled (just the modules; content area is blank.

I started by checking for js conflicts, unclosed DIVs and other css errors, unpublishing all my plugins, Jcomment, all modules on the page, etc, etc...stripped the page down to just K2 category view and nothing else - same problem.

I worked my way to the menu item, created a new one, and the new one showed the content! Long story short, I determined that:

When I toggle the k2 category menu item to not show the title, it breaks the page with IE7! I turned on 'show page title' in the menu item parameters, and it works like a champ. :)

When I get home tonight, since I have done a lot to the css and a few core files, I will start from scratch by installing a fresh J1.5 install and default K2, and work to duplicate this with stock installs, but thought maybe someone could flip the 'show title' switch and try their k2 category view using IE7...could test it in like 2 minutes. ;)

I flicked the switch back to not show the page title so you can see what I mean...www.bidlesstravel.com/blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75854 by Terp
..pretty inactive around here, so I'll just flick the switch to show the title and move on. But you ever get bored, JoomlaWork, flight yours on and check it in IE7, please. :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #75855 by Lefteris
Hi. I cannot reproduce the bug. Just tested on explorer 7 and it works fine with the default template, so i assume there is something wrong with your template.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #75856 by Roel
Found the same problem!

When I switch on the title in category view opt, IE7 shows my content, if not IE7 shows blank page...

Check out here www.opus-uzb.nl/test/vacatures

Did you find a solution already?

Thanks in advance!

More
14 years 4 months ago #75857 by Terp
I changed A LOT of things, but I think I narrowed it down to a postion: relative somewhere that IE didn't like.

I downloaded Microsoft Expression "Super Preview" Web 3 ( www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8e6ac106-525d-45d0-84db-dccff3fae677&displaylang=en ) and worked it out with this.