Keyword

Can not change the css file

• Annie Jackson
  • Annie Jackson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75980 by Annie Jackson
Can not change the css file was created by Annie Jackson
I am having the strangest problem...I can not get changes to the style.CSS file to go live.

I'll use a specific example. I want to change the background colour of the comment area. This is line 237 in style.css. When I use Firebug it confirms that the background colour (#F7FAFE) is coming from line 237 in style.css in the right location (com_k2/css/style.css).

However when I make changes to that file and then reload the pages the changes do not show. It still says #F7FAFE as the background colour. I re-download the file to be sure and yep, the changes are there. I went into Joomla and purged the cache. No dice. I even went into the Joomla cache folder and deleted everything in there.

The only post I found in these forums about this had someone suggesting making a copy but I didn't really follow what they said. Can someone explain that better or have another idea?

I am using my own template but it is still pulling the css from style.css in the main component folder. I don't know much about css other than how to do the simple stuff like change colours so I'm not sure what next to try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.