Keyword

how to modify search results list page

• pabs11
  • pabs11's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76009 by pabs11
hi

There appears to be almost zero info available here or anywhere on how to customise the search results display page /layout.

Can anyone help me with how to customise the display options for a search results page please ? I've tried modifying items and category settings but they seem to have no effect, unless I've missed something ( which is possible ).

A search results page in K2 gives full text per listing - which you just don't need for a search result list, and I'm lost as to how to customise this - or even find the file that contains the code to maybe just remove it for now...

I have however, discovered that I can disable the K2 search module, and enable the joomla search module, which gives results more to what I want ( ie just title, date, maybe intro text or not ), but as it also strips the html from the results, if you use things like shortened code embeds such as " {audio}your audio / video file {/audio} " then it displays the pathway to the media file ( everything inside the {audio},{/audio} the search result item content, which is not a good look and something you don't want.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks, P

PS I sure hope there's a new version soon with all the fixes needed in it - SIG compatibilty, comment notification, search display customs, a pagebreak that works anywhere in an item content display and a few others......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #76010 by Mick Hilliard
Replied by Mick Hilliard on topic how to modify search results list page
It'd be really great to have the search results page look like the rest of my site. The default settings give way too much information in the results.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.