Keyword

Adding an item brings up "Authentication Required"

• ukmusicreview
  • ukmusicreview's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #76027 by ukmusicreview
Hi, I have used K2 on other sites and it has worked great and it is the same for my current site although I have just noticed a problem with adding items a couple of days ago.

I made all K2 authors a group and selected they should at least be "author" level users to add items.
I then logged in using my test account as a member which has access to add K2 items and when clicking on "add item" it brought up the item window but also an "authorisation required" pop up.
Clicking on cancel 4 times got rid of the "authorisation required" pop up and left the item window open but without any styling. I could write an item into it and click save so it works.

It was while I was logged in as admin in the back end and then after logging out but keeping the browser window open I then logged in to my test member account as a member which has access to add K2 items and when clicking on "add item" it brought up the item window but didnt didn't bring up the "authorisation required" pop up. So I guess the browser still carried over my admin session.

My admin folder does have protection but this has never happened on other sites with the admin folder protected?

I have added 404SEF in the last few days and wondered if it was this causing the problem, but I have been through all the settings and still the same.

We are using Rocketheme template - Affinity
K2
Jomsocial
Jomblog
Jomcomment
JCalpro
Joomlapack
XTGuard
Acajoom
ProfileTypes
sh404SEF

Any ideas?

Cheers Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.