Keyword

Content not displaying

• Mark Fuss
  • Mark Fuss's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76103 by Mark Fuss
Content not displaying was created by Mark Fuss
I am trying out K2 to see if I want to implement on our Joomla site. I imported my Joomla articles into K2, but I am having a problem getting them to show up. I created a menu item to show User Page (blog) layout. Nothing shows up on that page, however, unless I enable the K2 login module and login to the site. This tells me that a user cannot see any content unless they are logged in, which is not what I want. What am I missing here? How do I set up K2 so that anyone can view the items/content that is added to out site without the need to log in? Right now, I am trying this out on a local computer [using localhost]. I do not know if that makes any difference or not.

EDIT: Just to follow up; if I change the menu to show categories rather than the User Page (blog) layout, I encounter the same problem: no content is displayed unless the user/visitor is logged in.

Edit [2]: Out of curiosity, I went to our live site and installed K2. After installing K2 I imported all our existing articles into K2. I then made a menu item to show the K2 categories. To my surprise, all worked fine. It still does not work on the localhost site, however. This is really confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark Fuss
More
14 years 4 months ago #76104 by Mark Fuss
Replied by Mark Fuss on topic Content not displaying
Is anyone able to offer any help with this?

More
14 years 4 months ago #76105 by Randy Robb
Replied by Randy Robb on topic Content not displaying
You say your local computer is using localhost, but there are other things to consider.
Are you using Mac OS or Windows?
If Windows, are you using IIS or have you installed an Apache Server?
Either way, you need PHP, mySQL installed - what versions of each are you running?
The PHP.ini file may have issues - one big problem I've encountered is short_open_tag = On

• Mark Fuss
More
14 years 4 months ago #76106 by Mark Fuss
I am using Windows 7. I am also using WAMP which includes the Apache server 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.0, and mySQL 5.1.36.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76107 by Brian Skellie
Replied by Brian Skellie on topic Content not displaying
I had a similar problem, then realized that I had not changed the htaccess.txt file to .htacess for the Apache mod_rewrite function for SEO in the global configuration settings. I hope it helps.

• Mark Fuss
More
14 years 4 months ago #76108 by Mark Fuss
Brian, thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately, it does not resolve my problem.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76109 by Razvan Spatariu
Replied by Razvan Spatariu on topic Content not displaying
Hello!

I have the same problem (including all details).

If anyone can answer it will be great.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76110 by Antonio
Replied by Antonio on topic Content not displaying
I read somewhere that K2 is not compatible with php 5.30. I use the same configuration, Wampp, etc., but somewhat do not works. I changed the php version to 5.28 and runs ok.
(To change the php version, click the Wampp icon, select PHP -> Version. If it shows only 5.30, click "Get more" and install it. It´s easy and automatic).

• Mark Fuss
More
14 years 4 months ago #76111 by Mark Fuss
Thanks Antonio, switching to PHP 5.2.8 solved this problem.

Antonio Costga said:I read somewhere that K2 is not compatible with php 5.30. I use the same configuration, Wampp, etc., but somewhat do not works. I changed the php version to 5.28 and runs ok. (To change the php version, click the Wampp icon, select PHP -> Version. If it shows only 5.30, click "Get more" and install it. It´s easy and automatic).