Keyword

WHY NOONE ANSWERS THIS POST ??? Where are the admins??? I get a Blank page on image upload

• alexzer
  • alexzer's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76322 by alexzer
Hello !!
I get a Blank page on image upload
i searched for many hours all the posts in the forum but i didnt find any solution...
In the K2 component when i try to upload an image (not in the image gallery which works with sig) sometimes i get a blank page and i have to go back and realize that the image hasnt been uploaded...
And this happens ONLY TO SOME SPESIFIC IMAGES ....
All the images for example that have the dimensions 133*79 are uploaded succesfully...
If i try other sizes the image doesnt upload and i end up to a blank page after i hit the upload button...
If i resize my picture to the dimensions 133*79 for example the image will upload succesfully...
i have tried many sizes but it doesnt seem to work ...
Why could this happen ??
I have g2 enabled ... my permissions on cache and src are 755 (i have even tried with 777)...
I have even tried to amke my images exactly the size as i have set in the parametres ... eg : 900 px for large...
but it wont work..
it works only with some specific (random) sizes ...
Ihave also tried setting in joopla parametres check mime types no ...
i have also checked that there are no special characters in filenames....
the file sizes are also checked and very small...
seems like i have an issue with image dimensions on upload ...
can somebody help me ???!!! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alexzer
More
14 years 4 months ago #76323 by alexzer
Please give me a hint what could be the problem because i have a deadline for the project in fea days !!!
Does the image that i upload has to be spesific dimensions that i have set in the parametres of k2 ???
But i have even tried this ...
G2 library is properly installed ....
Does anyone know whats the problem ???!!!
Thanks a lot !! :)

• alexzer
More
14 years 4 months ago #76324 by alexzer
Come on!!
Anyone????
IN the first image tab of an item in K2 (not ine the image gallery that works with SIG) ...
does any one else had the same problem or somebody from the admins can help me please !!!
I cant use K2 because i cant even tell my client, who will administrate the site, whichi specific dimensions of what kinkd of image type he will have to upload...
Upload works with only some specific sizes ...
For example one image that is 900*600 it will not upload it and after hitting the upload button i end up in a blank page so i have to go back in the browser ...
But if i resixe my image in photoshop with the 133*79 oixels for example it will upload it correctly...
And it has not to do with sizes in Kb .... i checked it ....
Evene images in less Kb are not uploaded ...
PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS SOMETHING I DO WRONG OR FIND A SOLUTION...
COME ON SOMEBODY FROM THE ADMINS SUPPORT ME !!! :)

• alexzer
More
14 years 4 months ago #76325 by alexzer
Why noone answers this thread ??
Everybody answers all the posts .. .but noone this one??
Come on where are the ADMINS of this forum ???
IF you dont have a solution you can say it ...
Dont leave posts WITHOUT any answer... this is not good for your product...

More
14 years 4 months ago #76326 by KLM Graphics
In my experience when you dont get an answer. It is because there is no answer and perhaps it is best to look for a solution through a different tool. Or that the answer is staring you in the face and you just dont see it. I have found that by working it this way, many times you can find a better way to do what you need to do.

There is allot of posts here regarding images (myself included) and until they can either fix this problem or just allow us to insert images without the need to use this obviously failed system. Then we are wasting our breath fighting it. There are allot of systems out there and if you look you can always find one that is better!

Sometimes just consider that what you get for free is not always the right solution. In your situation why would it not be just as easy to insert the image in the article?

Or perhaps you can go into the category settings and see if you can make something work with the vast array of parameters that this powerful tool gives you?