Keyword

Drawing of the template category item

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76417 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Drawing of the template category item
Also check this site for clear and concise instructions:
k2joom.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=322:item-images-wrapping-text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76418 by Erin Barker
Replied by Erin Barker on topic Drawing of the template category item
Alright, its sorta working... Though the Items Title is still above the Image Block and not down beside it where the Intro Text is showing.

I had to create a new showroom and item because i have a feeling the items options that are set on each item is whats causing some of the issues.

What Ive done is put the Items Title in the Intro Text Box to get it to appear next to the Image.

Thankyou for your help!!

I'm gunna start doing a few more tweeks to the lay out to make it look right, and then figure out how to put a divider between each item on the page. If you have any suggestions on this please feel free to suggest it.

Thank you again for your time and help.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76419 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Drawing of the template category item
Hi Erin,

Do you use Firebug? It is a FireFox plugin that shows you exactly which code you need to change, and it will even let you change it to test. If you don't already use it, take a look.

Sorry I missed moving the title in your image.

Also it is helpful if you include a link so we can help a bit more accurately.

Glad you sort of got it working.

Erin Barker said:Alright, its sorta working... Though the Items Title is still above the Image Block and not down beside it where the Intro Text is showing.
I had to create a new showroom and item because i have a feeling the items options that are set on each item is whats causing some of the issues.

What Ive done is put the Items Title in the Intro Text Box to get it to appear next to the Image.

Thankyou for your help!!

I'm gunna start doing a few more tweeks to the lay out to make it look right, and then figure out how to put a divider between each item on the page. If you have any suggestions on this please feel free to suggest it.

Thank you again for your time and help.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76420 by Erin Barker
Hey not a problem, I am just grateful that your all there helping me with this.. its one thing to set up a website with templates and modules and plug-in's.. but its a different animal when I have to enter the world of the code behind it all.

the link to the site is. www.edmimports.com

I have the first show room set up where all the items have there category views set.. and then i set up a second show room last night where the category controls the items options.. which if i had been on the ball when i first set it up i would have done them that way instead, cause now i have to go change all the individual items to make them look the way they do in showroom2.

i was looking at the template php files i was hoping there could be a way to change the actual php of each of the views so that after all is said and done i could share the vertical template for category item list view. but maybe that's something to come later.

i truly love k2, this is my first full website Ive set up on my own, and k2 does almost everything that i want it to do for me.

thank you all for your time and assistance.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76421 by Erin Barker
I am gunna install Firebug now.. I used Microsoft's Expression Web to edit the css, but its not very noob coder friendly!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76422 by Erin Barker
Wow Firebug is slick! I see now what the elements are called so this might make it easier for me to edit the parts i need to edit to get the horizontal formatting i want.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76423 by Erin Barker
I see now that the Item Heading container is outside the Item Body container where the image is.. so that tells me that I have to maybe just cut and paste the heading container into the item body container?