Keyword

K2 - What is it?

• Nicholas Steblay
  • Nicholas Steblay's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76533 by Nicholas Steblay
K2 - What is it? was created by Nicholas Steblay
OK If I am understanding this correctly, K2 provides a mechanism to extend meta-data concerning Joomla content for purely organizational purposes and/or to drive custom/automated/programmatic/data driven templates. It extends Joomla by using unlimited hierarchical categorization, cross-cutting tag identifiers, and configurable meta-data fields with grouping, all within the context of a security model based on groups, users, and associated categories. There is the added bonus of being able to manage interactive comments received from the implemented templates.

Am I close?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76534 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 - What is it?
Basically, Yes.

• Nicholas Steblay
  • Nicholas Steblay's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76535 by Nicholas Steblay
Replied by Nicholas Steblay on topic K2 - What is it?
Do most users create custom templates in conjunction with the use of K2? Are some of the template vendors like RocketTheme, Joomlashack or others planning on leveraging K2?

More
14 years 4 months ago #76536 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 - What is it?
You can use any standard Joomla template, K2 has it's own in built theme that is easy to adjust to match the main site theme. You can also create additional K2 themes for use within the same site as there is a theme selector per category.

I just used a standard theme on my K2 dev site K2Joom and tweaked the K2 css.
K2 can be overridden as well as an option.

I certainly know that Rocket Theme supports K2 on some of it's themes, Moxy and Nexus.
There are some more, but I don't have access to my list at this stage, but will add it to my site soon.

Nicholas Steblay said:Do most users create custom templates in conjunction with the use of K2? Are some of the template vendors like RocketTheme, Joomlashack or others planning on leveraging K2?