Keyword

K2 User Documentation?

More
14 years 4 months ago #76739 by aw
K2 User Documentation? was created by aw
Is documentation available for how to use K2? On the documentation page, I just see Installation/templating instructions.

I need a basic "how to" help/instructions guide that covers categories, menus, best practices, and basic work tasks, like how to move a category so that all the menus automatically move. What are the best practices for menus? Having to make multiple aliases each time I link to a menu is ridiculous. Why is this necessary? I'm driving blind without documentation. What was the intent of categories vs. menus for links? What about when using on a really large site with hundreds of categories, subcategories and thousands of articles that interlink?

Please provide documentation, or at least some thoughts on your intent for how categories and menus are to be used best.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76740 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 User Documentation?
That is still in progress.

Take a step back for a moment it will be much clearer.

A menu can be linked to any individual item, a category or even a sub category.
A category can contain any number of sub categories and those sub categories can contain any number of sub sub categories.

Take a look at my site K2Joom which is a live work in progress detailing my experiences working with K2.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76741 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 User Documentation?
if you menu link to a parent category then it will show the child categories after you click the link. (As long as it is set to do so).

All the layout for K2 is controlled at the category level. Use "Inherit Params" to share category layouts.

I don't know of anything that auto generates menus based upon existing categories, if that's what you're looking for. Actually, I think there's something like that by Joomlabamboo, but not for K2 categories.