Keyword

Imported Joomla Articles - but missing many!

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #76742 by Different Color
Imported Joomla Articles - but missing many! was created by Different Color
Ugh! I screwed up and worked all through the holiday converting and setting up my site to use K2 - and did not double check to make sure all my articles were imported when I used the K2 import feature!

I had 423 articles - and I only have 319 K2 Items. Crap!

So what are my options? Why did this happen? Is it possible K2 doesn't import archived Joomla Articles (which would make sense)? How can I import ONLY the articles I did not get the first time around?

I figure, with a little work, I can get my archived articles back in place and delete all the others so that ONLY my archives exist as Joomla Articles for importing, round two. Would that work?

Does it duplicate the existing categories when you import articles if you've already done it once or will it figure it out if the categories already exist in K2?

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #76743 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Imported Joomla Articles - but missing many!
Today I learned (I think) that it imports ALL unpublished and published articles but not archived articles.

I also learned, unfortunately, that it will duplicate all your categories even if they already exist. Ugh.

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.