Keyword

Challenge: Create Menu Item Link to NEWEST K2 Item Only - SOLVED

• Heather
  • Heather's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76991 by Heather
K2 is an amazing program, and one I have been using in a multitude of ways. I have dreamed up a new concept that is challenging me. I thought I had figured out the solution, but I was so wrong, LOL!

Here it is:

I would like my "HOME" page to be only today's item. The one published today. I would like the previous button to go only to the previous day (not the previous in that category), and when on yesterday's link, the next will go to today's item, not the next in that category.

In other words, I'd like something similar to Nick Scipio's POD (NOT Safe for Work, and may be offensive to some)

I thought a category link with all categories included, showing only one item would do the trick. It does, except categories don't allow commenting on the page, and I need that.

I've attached the first phase concept.

Any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #76992 by Simon Wells
I will try and set up a live example, my thoughts would be to have a category to contain the items in.
The category set to display 1 Leading only, no primary/secondary.
Set the category to display items in created date order.

Then set your "home" menu to point to that category.

Some of the other features of the category and or item will need to be disabled too.

• Heather
More
14 years 4 months ago #76993 by Heather
That is what I did:

www.365daysofstyle.com
(Click on TEST in the menu - I haven't made that the HOME yet. And please forgive the lack of perfect CSS styling, I stopped before I went too far. I don't want to do it all over again if I have to change my thinking process.)

The problem is that I need item-display (which is the reason behind the other challenge I posted). It's great to have it go to a category listing, but I want the comments for that item to show there on the home page, not a link to the comments, but the comments themselves, and I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Heather
More
14 years 3 months ago #76994 by Heather