Keyword

Alt Challenge: Add Item Comments into Category View - SOLVED

• Heather
  • Heather's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #76995 by Heather
I would like my "HOME" page to be only today's item. The one published today. I would like the previous button to go only to the previous day (not the previous in that category), and when on yesterday's link, the next will go to today's item, not the next in that category.

In other words, I'd like something similar to Nick Scipio's POD (NOT Safe for Work, and may be offensive to some)

I thought a category link with all categories included, showing only one item would do the trick. It does, except categories don't allow commenting on the page, and I need that. I posted a challenge on how to go about linking only to the newest item, now I figured I'd post one about linking to Category, but changing it so it works for what I need... *smiles*

How would I add item code (comments, for example) to the category listing template?

I've attached the first phase concept.

Any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Heather
More
14 years 3 months ago #76996 by Heather
I had a programmer friend code it for me, and I've attached the page, in case anyone needs it. *smiles*

More
14 years 3 months ago #76997 by Simon Wells
Hey SoMeEx,
Glad you got a fix for this.

I am writing a review and an example of the layout but could not get it to work correctly.
Do you have a working example or can clarify your category parameters?

Thanks.

K2Joom

• Heather
More
14 years 3 months ago #76998 by Heather
I added you as a friend... If the file (with the changes) I attached doesn't help, feel free to message me with your email addy. I'll send you the whole template that was created, plus (if you need it) give you access to the back-end to see how it all came together.

It's still in dev anyway. *smiles*

That template page also has a specific extra field (a web link) used to link the title, and next week, I hope to be getting the pagination from the category onto the category item page and a specific module position added to the page (so I can easily add Joomla modules to the page without having to go into the k2 description.

I'm happy to share those as well.